Audi A3 DSG 170 PD remap questions

Jambo1986

Reaction score
I've just picked up my new car, YES, happy happy! I've been researching this for a while but can't find specific threads relating to this set up, and any that I had found were all pre DPF MOT changes. Ideally I'd like to have the engine and DSG remapped at some point in the not so distant future. Is a decent remap still available without clogging the DPF at a far greater speed? The car has done 80k miles, it's in fantastic condition and has been serviced regularly throughout it's life so far.

Any info in regards to common issues (if there are any), any owners with this set up that have had the ecu/dsg remapped have any feedback?
I live in Leicester, are there any reputable garages close by? Leics, Brum, Notts etc? I travel to Manchester/Oxford fairly regularly too.

Many thanks for any responses!

Hi,
We have mapped loads of 170-PPD engines and never had a problem. The DPF's on these engines are relatively common for blocking up but it really depends on the vehicles use, not necessarily service history. We have seen cars with less than 50k needing new DPF's and cars with over 100k that show no pressure loss across the filter like they have anew filter!

With our Stage 1 200BHP remap we change the regeneration cycle so that it burns the filter our more regularly than the factory calibration, this allows for the extra fuel that is burnt to produce the extra power. It's not a guarantee but it certainly helps! We always carry out a full diagnostic before mapping to assess pressure drop across the filter amongst other things and will not map a car we have concern with.

We do offer a Stage 2 220-230BHP tune with DPF removal, but you may have concern about MOT with this tune. We actually remove the filter from the original exhaust so it 'looks' standard from outside. The only test for MOT is to check visually whether or not the filter has been removed, there is not emission test to check. We have a Bosch / Dastek 700BHP dyno to verify power gains and to check any smoke emmisions as well as data logging pressure drop / changes across the DPF filter under various loads.

As well as the engine we offer a full range of DSG gearbox maps to suit, higher RPM shifts, faster shifts, launch control etc.

If you are in the North then drop us a line, we are in South Preston. I can do a full car diagnostic including the DPF, and a dyno run the check the sotkc power and torque for £80.

Enjoy your new car!

Thanks for the reply - I found it very informative. I'll find out when I'm next going to Manchester and hopefully pay you a visit to at least get the diagnostics run. Look forward to having a chat!