Audi A3 DPF warning light

Ajcman

Reaction score
My Audi A3 2011 SLINE keeps getting the DPF light on the dash, but then it just disappears after a while, notified the garage and they looked but found nothing.

Any advice? Warranty runs out in November so will be using a local garage and would like to know where to point them.

thanks

Are you undertaking the correct driving style required for a DPF equipped diesel car?

What sort of checks did the garage do? A main dealer can plug it into proper VAG diagnostic software and check how clogged the DPF is

I had this on mine a couple of weeks ago, I just took it up the motorway at 60mph in third, after about 10 miles a big cloud of black soot blew out the exhaust then the light went out and it's been fine ever since.

You local garage should have a system that will allow them to look at the engine faults and relevant live data (dpf health/egr response/etc). They will then be able to advise on best action going forward, or of possible component issues.

Reactions: Ajcman and Retroman
I drive the way it tells me to drive? change gear when it says and occasionally getting a blast climbing some of the s
Are you undertaking the correct driving style required for a DPF equipped diesel car?

Yes, I think so. Changing gear when it tells me to only high revs when climbing hills etc

What sort of checks did the garage do? A main dealer can plug it into proper VAG diagnostic software and check how clogged the DPF is

Not sure it was a Mercedes Garage as Arnold Clark doesn't own a VW or Audi Garage near me

I had this on mine a couple of weeks ago, I just took it up the motorway at 60mph in third, after about 10 miles a big cloud of black soot blew out the exhaust then the light went out and it's been fine ever since.

I've heard people do that, but i hate the sound of the engine on high revs low gear. Poor car