1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 DIS with RS functionality

JZA95 Aug 11, 2018 at 4:55 PM

1. JZA95

JZA95 New Member

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered!

Does anyone have instructions or a guide on how this can be done?

Video for an example:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Oswald

Oswald Member VCDS Map User

Hi. You posted my video This can be done by eeprom edit. Read with programmer and changed a few bytes.

4. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

If its just needle sweep you need go to the Vcd's section on the site and look for a member who is close to you and PM him / her and ask if they know how to do it for you probably cost you a few beer tokens . If you have ur own cable check out youtube as it could be on there or try this ( audi-sport.net/needlesweep) put into google

5. Oswald

It ain’t possible with only vcds.

6. downtothebone

downtothebone Active Member Team Scuba Audi A3 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group

Yup - I tried it and it doesn’t work through vcds. The coding is accepted and then gets reset.

7. Tempz

Tempz Member

Would be interested in this..

8. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Sorry lads my bad , so i have found a post from a very very respected retrofitter and hopefully this will answer the OP's question , plus this is a 7yrs ago post so the A3 might have changed depending on age :thumbs up:

Attached Files:

9. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Somebody basically messed with RS3 firmware on an a3 cluster & also managed to feck up his steering rack programming to zeros & couldn't get it back iirc.

I believe its possible but its quite involved.

10. Oswald

Basically, you need to read 24c eeprom chip, edit 3 consecutive bytes in the dump and write it back to the chip. All white clusters have the ns and lap timer in the flash, but they are “locked” on non-rs clusters. There’s no danger at all, nothing can be fecked up if you know what you are doing. It has nothing to do with the steering rack nor other modules. Pretty simple to do, but you have to know the offsets in the dump as mentioned before. On 982H I managed to unlock boost and oil temp. Also, these clusters can be cross flashed so it’s again simple to unlock eco menu and boost on older clusters. Can’t post what and where in dump to change, as everyone keeps it secret, but I can edit eeprom if yous can read it with either a programmer or with a good piece of hardware. Don’t try to do it with Chinese clones, as you may face problems with immo

aqibi2000 and NHN like this.
  11. NHN

I didn't say if it was done correctly it would effect the rack, I was specifically referring to the user who messed with his car to get it working & messed up his steering coding & couldn't fix.

As above, you really need to know what you're doing or things will go wrong very quickly.

paddy likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is , having an RS with this feature, I never use it,

The last thing you have time to do, when making progress in an RS3 , is look at the boost meter, you need to be looking at the road.

paddy and NHN like this.
  14. NHN

Like that lol

15. paddy

paddy Audi=we just sell em mate, we can't fix em.. Team Ibis Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

The last thing you want to be doing when you are tramping on is watching "one foot in the grave" but people still fit TV's in the dash.

He died at 145mph and the last thing he heard was " i don't believe it !!"

NHN likes this.
  16. NHN

Same old Paddy ;)

Tags: