Audi a3 concert radio not reading disc

G1LLY20

Reaction score
As said in the title my stereo isn't reading disc, when you put a cd in it keeps saying error. Everything else works fine but not the cd any ideas what the problem could be??

+1, but are you saying only when cd inserted it shows error or as soon as you select CD option on head unit with no disc in it has error on screen?

Is there a specific brand to use or will any work?? It's just when u insert the disc it try's to read it then couple of seconds later it comes up with error. Thanks for the help guys appreciate it

Then certainly as Andy suggests just grab a lens cleaner, most are suitable, but not always the fix, may need a more direct lens cleanse, give it a try 1st though.

ok ill give that a try and let you know how i get on thanks for the help

another idea i was thinking about was to just leave the cd player and connect an ipod, how much work would it take for me to do this?
is it just as easy as getting a wire or is there more to it?

No you need a box of tricks to fool the HU into thinking it has a cd changer attached as this is the only audio in you have on the HU.
xcarlink or connects2 do them for about £50

ive been looking at those two makes on ebay, is it not just simply plug and play? can you control the ipod from the headunit like change songs and stuff? also does it charge the ipod? thanks again

Yes it is plug & play, you plug it into the changer port and away you go. You get different features on the different models, with the basic Connects2 one I think it just allow you to play, and control the tracks from playlists from the HU i.e. track 1-99 etc so it thinks it's a CD with 99 tracks on it. Others give you more iPOD specific features