Audi a3 black edition 2.0

Stafford bain

Reaction score
Hi ive had my audi a3 for over a yearand its had a stupid amount of issues including gearbox clutch etc. Its a 59 plate and has 103,000 miles on the clock. I've just had multiple issues with the car including dpf egr valve and a malfunction in my tuning box (was installed by previous owner) which caused issues with the ECU etc.
The cars been completely fixed now and returned to its previous 168bhp.
Could the tuning box have been part of the cause for all the other issues? And isit wise to remap the car now so I have the power back or should I just be happy the car runs and leave it as is? Any thoughts very welcome as I have no idea about cars!

Was your car ever taken for the emissions update ? A lot of members of vag car across many forums have reported problems with egr and dpf after the update but vag would never admit its an issue on their part. Have you considered something like an APR map and if any problems occur after you could go back and have it returned to original map.

Is there a benefit to getting it rolled back "pre-fix"? I was looking at getting a Bluefin and one reviewer mentioned the map taking theres back to "pre-fix" state.

Is there a benefit to getting it rolled back "pre-fix"? I was looking at getting a Bluefin and one reviewer mentioned the map taking theres back to "pre-fix" state.

Unfortunately Audi won’t ‘roll-back’ to the pre update stage. A tuner like RTech would be able to apply a base map and then tune from there is you could go Bluefin. A map such as APR give a trial period - could be worth enquiring