Audi A3 auto lights read through

AndreasJohn

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi,

I'm looking to do the auto light mod to my 2.0tfsi 2006 sportback. I have bought all the bits I need, plus I have the loom plug in just incase. I'm going to follow this guide http://audiforum.us/threads/how-to-fit-auto-lights-with-coming-home-function.5381/

Looking at the guide it's not showing some images, so I'm wondering if someone could kindly point me to a diy thread. And also can I do the auto wipers with what I have?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
ASH on here is the man to ask, ive fitted it to mine and it wasnt a bad job tbf

Ah ok, I'm gona give it ago myself anyway, just need a guide for the wires etc...I'll try and tap up ash...hope he won't mind

Phil!...your the man, many thanks.

Now to wonder where they get the earth from (what wire they tap into) and also the repair wires...the ones I have from Audi are short so they won't reach they fuse box...I'm going to do a full diy plus pics for this once I've got my head round everything.

i just ran my wire to a body bolt, as long as its clean it will be fine :)

Yea I did think this would be the best way, but sometimes you get an earth wire in the plug, but body works for me

yes you can do auto wipers with what you have,just a bit more coding that's all you will need a new gel pad for the sensor though

Hollow...top man! Thanks very much, that's on order... Looking forward to the finished product once done, and the diy with full pics and products needed

I'm looking to do this mod on mine, have you got the part numbers handy?

hi,

I'm looking to do the auto light mod to my 2.0tfsi 2006 sportback. I have bought all the bits I need, plus I have the loom plug in just incase. I'm going to follow this guide http://audiforum.us/threads/how-to-fit-auto-lights-with-coming-home-function.5381/

Looking at the guide it's not showing some images, so I'm wondering if someone could kindly point me to a diy thread. And also can I do the auto wipers with what I have?

Thanks in advance

Hi Andreas, can I ask where you got that light switch from with the coming home lights and fog light function? Also, if you have the part number and price it would be great, thanks.

Oh the part numbers are in the link ain't they lol sorry

EDIT: I checked the part numbers in the link, they're throwing up A4 parts when put in to eBay

Gelpad? Can I make tht up?

contact a local windscreen fitter and ask to buy one or (and ive never asked before) see if TPS can supply it
Hi Andreas, can I ask where you got that light switch from with the coming home lights and fog light function? Also, if you have the part number and price it would be great, thanks.

Headlight switch Part Number for coming home and front fogs 8P2941531G

Reactions: Mujnu