Audi A3 Auto Leveling Sensors

Reaction score
Hello,

After i've retrofited Bi-xenon with lamp washers warlier last year now i want to install the auto-leveling sensors in order to haev the full system nicely retrofited. I found a great deal at a german seller, he sells me the two sensors for about 50 euros, my issue is that the part numbers for the two sensors appear to only fit Audi A3/TT starting with 2009, does anyone know if they will fit my2005 Audi A3?
The part numbers are: 8J0941274E and 8J0941273G. Also what other gear do i need to retrofit it besides the usual harness and control unit.

Thank you!

I'm in the same boat as you mate, as far as i know the 2009 units will work with our cars providing you get the 2009 control unit to go along with it. from what i know the harness is fairly big and has lots of connectors on it as its plugged into various places in the car.
Khufu has done the retrofit and should be able to help you out too... i think its just the 2 sensors, the control module, the harness and then fitting, wiring and coding.

yes you are right the harness i've alreaby bought :). As far as i know, i cannot confirm since i'm at the office, the control unit for the Auto leveling is the new gen one that also has the AFS function.

i think the AFS thing is just a coding option, so you can just tell it if you have AFS or not. though on ETKA it does show different part numbers for the AFS and non AFS modules.
Where did you get the Harness from and how much if you dont mind?
i saw the ones on Kufatec which are fairly steep in price.

the harness i've bought it from a local electrician, his a very good guy and know what to do. For the instalation + harness he asked 150euro that i think it;s a very decent price.
By the way i'm from Romania so i think here the prices are a bit lower than the ones from UK

for installation included that is a good price! i would have to install myself so its a bit daunting but £90 for the harness alone from Kufatec is very expensive.

You cant use an afs module on non afs headlights, its completely different setup as afs uses canbus signals to tell to move N/E/S/W instead of 4 wires direct from each headlight, its 2 wires shared between the 2 for can signals.

Those sensors are only for use on magnetic ride, dont buy them as they're not correct, 2 of each on each axle, not meant for standard suspensions.

You got something in your right eye, looks like an N to me, not an M :p

Yeah I noticed, lmfao, you got a mini keyboard aswell as its missing keys :jester: :lmfao: