Audi A3 accessories

Paul789

Reaction score
As a newbie to this forum I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section on this site but I'm sure I will be soon made aware if not. I'm an almost near owner of an Audi A3 black edition (2011) and I'm after a couple accessories for the car, the car currently has the standard concert radio built in the car which I would like to replace for the Audi navigation plus system, can someone tell me where I may find a reliable source who would sell one or if they would recommend another better option compatible with the car.
The second item I'm looking for is the chrome roof rails (bars) which I think adds a nice touch to the car, I do believe these don't come cheap

Right ok I had no idea about the roof rails not being possible to fit, does this mean a roof rack isn't a possible addition to this car then?

Roof rails ARE possible to fit, if were talking sportback, but require you to drop/remove the head lining and drill holes in the bodywork.
You can however still fit roof bars without the rails, they just use a different foot pack to fit into the door openings.
RNSE or navigation plus is an easy retrofit, not the best nav solution out there but by far the most integrated.
Loads on ebay, although the history could be questionable?
If you do go RNSE, go for a mk2 as they have a better screen, better processor and can take higher capacity sd cards amongst other things. Easily recognisable by the Media button instead of a cd/tv one

Thanks I'm now thinking it's probably wise to buy a car with the roof rails already integrated as one wrong move trying to fit them could be costly. It's perhaps a wise Idea to search/wait for maybe an aftermarket solution. I appreciate the advice to the nav solution as well.

I fitted the rails to mine as finding one with the spec I wanted was proving tricky.
I decided it was easier to retrofit the rails than either the pan roof or S-tronic!
For me though they are just a styling tweak as I have no need to use roof bars

How straight forward was it to carry out the fitting of them?

Depends how competant you are.
To do it right the head lining needs to come out and that involves removing most of the interior trim due to the way they lock together.
As for the drilling, you can see from inside where the bolts go through. So really you only need to drill 1 hole upwards and then the rest can be marked out and done from above.
Its not hard with time and a little confidence!
I have the Audi retrofit pdf somwhere if you eventually go that route