Audi A3 8Y Issues

I have noticed this before but as this is my first time having Matrix headlights I thought it must have been a quirk of the system! (November 2021 Build)
You should see what your dealer says about your lights, when I showed that clip to my dealer, none of them had seen the behaviour before and agreed that it wasn't right but now their hands are tied due to Audi saying that it is okay.

I'm hoping a software update will fix the issue in due course, but currently started down the complaint route to see how far I get and then see what my options are

I have noticed this before but as this is my first time having Matrix headlights I thought it must have been a quirk of the system! (November 2021 Build)
Sorry, I'm interested, did you mention the issue with the headlights with your dealer at all?

Sorry, I'm interested, did you mention the issue with the headlights with your dealer at all?
Yes I did, however, I couldn’t get an appointment until March 15th! I told them back in December and they said “We will look at it”

Yes I did, however, I couldn’t get an appointment until March 15th! I told them back in December and they said “We will look at it”
Any update?

I couldn't get anywhere with Audi UK or the dealer so lodged a complain with the Motor Ombudsman which accepted the case but still waiting to here what the outcome is.

Any update?

I couldn't get anywhere with Audi UK or the dealer so lodged a complain with the Motor Ombudsman which accepted the case but still waiting to here what the outcome is.
Do you know, now you’ve mentioned this. They didn’t even mention it when I picked the car up. I’ll email my service advisor and see if they even checked it.

Hi Guys. I cancelled an order for an A3 Edition 1 manual in Navarro Blue back in March 2021, partly due to the numerous comments on here and other forums about the numerous problems with the MMI / Emergency SOS function. At the time the salesman in the local dealership said that he "knew nothing about it", which wasn't very reassuring. I still think the new A3 is by far the best-looking hatch out there and I am thinking about swapping my Golf. I haven't read all the recent posts, but were all (or at least most) those problems solved by Audi? I saw a thread about a software update in Oct 2021 but it wasn't clear if that solved all the problems. I would probably be looking to buy a car registered in early 2022.

Hi Guys. I cancelled an order for an A3 Edition 1 manual in Navarro Blue back in March 2021, partly due to the numerous comments on here and other forums about the numerous problems with the MMI / Emergency SOS function. At the time the salesman in the local dealership said that he "knew nothing about it", which wasn't very reassuring. I still think the new A3 is by far the best-looking hatch out there and I am thinking about swapping my Golf. I haven't read all the recent posts, but were all (or at least most) those problems solved by Audi? I saw a thread about a software update in Oct 2021 but it wasn't clear if that solved all the problems. I would probably be looking to buy a car registered in early 2022.
I have a 72 plate previously had a 70 plate and it does seem a lot better than the early model. It hasn’t been without issues (I’ve had a couple of spurious warnings) but it has certainly been better.

SOS will be fixed as they should do all relevant software updates before handover

I have a 21 plate A3 Sport (arrived in UK end March 21 (exactly 2 years ago!). First software updated in Aug 22 didn't cure the SOS ping. The second update Feb 23 did. Currently have 3620 (I know this is not the latest) but it stopped all the annoyances.

I have an early 22 plate A3 S line 35 diesel manual.
I have not had a single issue with the car.
The realisation you cannot drive the car by using just the mobile phone, was a disappointment, as there was a lot of hype about this feature on some press releases, also due to the online brochure, I believed that all S Line cars came with electric boot open/close as i couldn't see this in the options list, but they don't, so another disappointment.
On the whole its a very nice car to drive and be inside, i'm still glad i chose the A3 over all the other choices i had.

Reactions: Santiago
I have a 21 plate A3 Sport (arrived in UK end March 21 (exactly 2 years ago!). First software updated in Aug 22 didn't cure the SOS ping. The second update Feb 23 did. Currently have 3620 (I know this is not the latest) but it stopped all the annoyances.
Thanks. That is useful info.

I have an early 22 plate A3 S line 35 diesel manual.
I have not had a single issue with the car.
The realisation you cannot drive the car by using just the mobile phone, was a disappointment, as there was a lot of hype about this feature on some press releases, also due to the online brochure, I believed that all S Line cars came with electric boot open/close as i couldn't see this in the options list, but they don't, so another disappointment.
On the whole its a very nice car to drive and be inside, i'm still glad i chose the A3 over all the other choices i had.
Electric Tailgate was an option along with Matrix Headlights early on - I ordered them on my S3 in 2020 but Electric Tailgate now only available on a Vorsprung which I believe is only available on an S3 at present - Matrix Standard on Edition 1 A3 and S3 Vorsprung - not available on S3 Standard

I assume that this software version number is displayed in the MMI settings? I may be going to look at a 21-plate Edition 1 next week and would like to check it. It is not at a main Audi dealership so the sales staff on hand probably won't know anything about the MMI issues. I don't know how Audi's software version numbering system works, but I assume that if the 4-digit number is 3620 or larger, the issues probably won't occur. Not a deal breaker as I can always get the software updated at the local Audi dealership after purchase.

I assume that this software version number is displayed in the MMI settings? I may be going to look at a 21-plate Edition 1 next week and would like to check it. It is not at a main Audi dealership so the sales staff on hand probably won't know anything about the MMI issues. I don't know how Audi's software version numbering system works, but I assume that if the 4-digit number is 3620 or larger, the issues probably won't occur. Not a deal breaker as I can always get the software updated at the local Audi dealership after purchase.
Hi,
Yes, the software version is incremental, I was version 3496, and had all the problems, then got an update which took me to 3620 and not had the problem since. So as long as it is 3620 or higher you shouldn't have the problems.

Reactions: AdamInKent and Santiago
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your new A3. Here are some suggestions for each of the problems you mentioned:

1. SOS Emergency function fault: If the issue only occurs in certain areas, it could be a problem with the signal or the network coverage in those areas. However, it's also possible that there is a software issue with the car's system. You may want to try resetting the system to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, you can bring the car back to the dealership and ask them to investigate further.
  2. MyAudiApp: The app should allow you to unlock the car remotely, as well as access other features such as climate control and vehicle status. However, it's possible that there may be an issue with the app itself or with the connectivity between the app and your car. You can try reinstalling the app or contacting Audi customer support for assistance.
  3. Nets or bag hooks in the boot: It's unusual that there are no nets or hooks in the boot of your car, but there are aftermarket options available that you can consider. You can check with an Audi dealership or online retailers for accessories that can be added to your car.
I hope these suggestions help to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your A3. If the problems persist, it's important to bring the car back to the dealership to have them investigate further, especially since the car is still under warranty.
Hi jdtbsr,
You appear to be responding to a post from over two years ago, the issues with the MMI are well known now, and have been resolved with a software update, that I believe has been rolled out to the majority of customers.
Similarly, the bugs with the Myaudi app have been largely resolved through app updates.
Others may correct me, but I do not believe that remote lock/unlock through the app is available as a feature in the UK (unless newer models have it enabled, as mine is a Dec 2020 model).

Reactions: AdamInKent
Hi jdtbsr,
You appear to be responding to a post from over two years ago, the issues with the MMI are well known now, and have been resolved with a software update, that I believe has been rolled out to the majority of customers.
Similarly, the bugs with the Myaudi app have been largely resolved through app updates.
Others may correct me, but I do not believe that remote lock/unlock through the app is available as a feature in the UK (unless newer models have it enabled, as mine is a Dec 2020 model).
Remote lock and unlock is available for my car (21 plate).

I got a 'key not authenthicated (is the key in the car?) notice or something to that extent yesterday. The key was def in the car! Turned car off, and on again and started it, no issues at all.

Did my first proper long drive with this car last week. 600km drive back and forth so just a bit over 1200km in total.
I loved it except the fact that my Matrix headlights were going crazy during the drive home at night. For some weird reason they would not activate at all and when they did activate they would stay activated for just a couple of minutes. Even though the road conditions was the same, there was no lights by the road nor anything else that would de-activate them. I also drove 80km/h+ at all time yet they would only stay active for shorter period of times. Really disappointed with them so far.

Thing is that when they DO work their amazing but as I said they would almost never stay on for more than 5minutes at a time. Never tried them properly in spring/winter when it gets much darker at nights but I still found it very strange that they would just randomly turn on/off even though it was just as dark outside it had been the whole trip. My windscreen was a bit dirty though and it was never really pitch black outside but I kind of expect more from an almost 3k euro feature...

Anyone else had this issue before with the Matrix headlights not activating as they should?

I loved it except the fact that my Matrix headlights were going crazy during the drive home at night.
I have owned my car for a couple of years. My matrix lights behave pretty much as expected. When activated at night, in an unlit area: they switch to full beam when driving at reasonable speed and switch back to dipped beam when the speed drops or when entering a lit zone. And they always use the curtains opening and shutting animation when switching between full and dipped beam.

That said, I live in the U.K. and I only use them when properly dark (ie not at twighlight / dusk).