Audi A3 8y Deceleration in Sport mode

zenyagami

Reaction score
I have a really weird issue with my A3 8y, i can select between D or spot mode,
Even with almost full battery, this issue happens.
When I'm driving in D Mode either ev or hybrid (i even tried hold battery mode) the regenerate brake is smooth, but immediately when i try the Sport mode either in efficiency or Sport driving move if i accelerate let's says 60 km/h if i take the foot from the pedal the brake is huge (almost to 30km/h) and no, The speed limit is 50, so I'm not sure why this is happening only in the S mode. Does anyone have this issue?

Yes the deceleration is much more aggressive in sport mode. This is how the car is, I doubt there is an issue. It does help recharge the battery during braking in sport mode as it barely recharges at all in anything but sport mode (2017 US version).

In Passat GTE it is the same. In GTE mode the deceleration is almost as hard as in having the transmission in B-mode. So it is normal.

I have a really weird issue with my A3 8y, i can select between D or spot mode,
Even with almost full battery, this issue happens.
When I'm driving in D Mode either ev or hybrid (i even tried hold battery mode) the regenerate brake is smooth, but immediately when i try the Sport mode either in efficiency or Sport driving move if i accelerate let's says 60 km/h if i take the foot from the pedal the brake is huge (almost to 30km/h) and no, The speed limit is 50, so I'm not sure why this is happening only in the S mode. Does anyone have this issue?
this only happens because the battery regeneration is on if you turn this off in settings it wont do it in d or s