Audi A3 8V Tpms

shazad manzoor

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum but need help with a bit of an old issue ref tpms missing on my recently purchased a 2014 from main dealer. After reading most of the posts on here about this I was able to find a person in Birmingham who had vcds to see if he activate my tpms on my car. He able to do most of the steps listed by certain members on here but the problem arose when he tried to activate line 1(3 extension-tire_pressure ) ,which wasn't there. The tyre pressure yellow icon appeared on the dash and on the mmi screen the writing appeared but was greyed out. The chap with the vcds said that line was missing hence he was unable to complete process. Any help in this missing line would be great.

I thought all cars post March 2013 all have TMPS enabled using the ABS sensor or was it DAB? Anyway what you've described was the same issues I had with my MY 2013 SB. I got the MMI option but when I went into it - it mentioned something about 'no saved temps' and there wasn't any options to set them.

To this day I have not had my TMPS enabled on my car. Other people who followed the VCDS coding some how got theirs working without too many issues.

Thanks for reply, to be honest I thought it was going to be straight forward taking into account how the passive tpms system works using speed sensors and the abs pump. I am wondering if the abs pump is different in the A3 8v with tpms and those without. The guy who would have activated for me seemed to think it was an easy thing to do but that one line (13 extension-tire_pressure........) is missing on my A3. Am sure someone out there has had the same issue and managed to resolve it just need them to help us out. My A3 is currently going through a paint warranty claim and when it goes in I shall ask the question if they are able to update the software on the abs pump and if they could check if my car is able to get the tpms function activated or is it just not possible because of hardware.

It was the same steps as set out by a members on here chiyoung and veeeight ( veeight having screen shots of vcds ) I also didn't do the coding that was done by a guy with vcds in Birmingham. He didn't charge me as he was unable to get it to work. He was able to get the yellow tyre pressure light up on the dash, then he activated the writing on the mmi in the car service and checks but was greyed out. Finally he tried to activate the line in the drop down menu where line 13 says extension but it was missing. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Maybe your guy was looking in the wrong place...

UK 63 Plate A3 8V 1.8TFSI Saloon:
Screen Shot 2017 06 11 at 232226

Hi there, that line he activated but he was looking for a similar line but with extension on there as in the screen shots by a member on here called veeeight. I would be grateful if you could possibly let me know exactly what step by step you did then I could go back to guy in Birmingham and see if he can follow them and get it to work. I clearly remember him showing me the screen shot step you have kindly sent me.

Hi there, that line he activated but he was looking for a similar line but with extension on there as in the screen shots by a member on here called veeeight. I would be grateful if you could possibly let me know exactly what step by step you did then I could go back to guy in Birmingham and see if he can follow them and get it to work. I clearly remember him showing me the screen shot step you have kindly sent me.
  • (13) vehicle_function list BAP; extension-tire_pressure_system_0x07 = activated
I believe the word "extension-“ was added by a VCDS error and what you need is what I highlighted above.

1. All doors closed but not locked
  2. Key in 1st position
  3. MMI fully booted
  4. MMI displaying a system other than CAR

TPMS MMI Menu Activation:
  • 5F > Adaptation
  • (56) vehicle_menu-operation-menu_display_rdk = activated
  • (13)-Vehicle function list BAP-tire_pressure_system_0x07 = activated
  • Reset / reboot MMI system
  • Once MMI reboot is complete DO NOT enter the CAR Menu

Dashboard Warning Light and DIS Enable:
  • 17 > Long Coding > Long Coding Helper
  • Byte 4
  • Activate Bit 0
  • Reset / reboot MMI system
  • Once MMI reboot is complete turn off the ignition and exit the car
  • Lock for 5 mins
  • Start Engine and wait for 2 mins
  • Turn off engine
  • Ignition in 1st position

Enable ABS sensors for TPMS:
  • 03 > Long Coding
  • Copy your current long coding in to the new long coding box
  • Change Byte 27 to 3X
  • Change Byte 28 to 8X
  • Save
  • Once MMI reboot is complete turn off the ignition and exit the car
  • Lock for 5 mins
  • Start Engine and wait for 2 mins
  • Turn off engine
  • Ignition in 1st position
  • Test by going to the TPMS Menu in MENU > CAR > Service
  • Save current pressures
  • Enjoy

Example of Long Coding Change (30 Byte):
  1. 13 F1 8A A2 34 21 2A 6C 01 77 06 07 41 C5 29 C8 51 2C 54 80 60 82 94 F4 00 41 00 08 05 08
  2. 13 F1 8A A2 34 21 2A 6C 01 77 06 07 41 C5 29 C8 51 2C 54 80 60 82 94 F4 00 41 00 38 85 08

Reactions: amara3
Wow did not do the process you have just outline. I will show this to guy with vcds and see if he can follow your step by step instructions. He is only able to do coding to car on weekends so will book a slot this coming weekend. If successful I will let you know and update forum. Much appreciated for your help I hope it works.

Wow did not do the process you have just outline. I will show this to guy with vcds and see if he can follow your step by step instructions. He is only able to do coding to car on weekends so will book a slot this coming weekend. If successful I will let you know and update forum. Much appreciated for your help I hope it works.
Should work without issue, I activate 2 to 3 of these a week :)

I am wondering if my A3 2.0tdi s line 4 door saloon 2014 is able to have this activated. Can I where abouts you are. Guy in Birmingham is only charging me £20 to activate it but he's new to the vcds game wondering if I shld have found someone who has actually done one of these before. He is a nice guy don't get me wrong just a little inexperienced.

Also when you say key in 1st position do you mean ignition on but not running car, MMI listening to the radio and can you let me know what is MMI displaying system other than car cheers

Activating TPMS should not be an issue on your car, you just need someone who knows their way around VCDS a bit better as its one thing to have a cable follow a guide but another to work out why things might not be working. Everyone has to start somewhere tho :)
  • Key in first position = accessory position, i.e. ignition on but engine off.
I got your email and replied. I am currently working in Greece but am returning to London tonight. Feel free to give me a call tomorrow if you like.

Reactions: Ormesome
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd update everyone ref the TPMS saga on the A3 8v model. Alex from Vag Car Coding just popped round my house after spending the day at a Vag show at the Donnington Race Track carried out the coding to turn the TPMS function on my wife's A3 2014 saloon. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING went very smooth and is now working. As well as the TPMS I had a few other functions turned on the car while Alex was here. I was very lucky as the Vag show was only 15mins away from my house and he was able to pop round. I can't recommend him highly enough he knows his stuff and even more he's a nice guy. I've now booked more work on my wife's car and a trip to London in a few weeks to get a reverse camera fitted, screen mirroring and the basic sound system upgraded to the audi ***. Guys if you need anything doing on your Vag cars look no further than Alex from Vag Car Coding. Hope this helps guys.

I thought all cars post March 2013 all have TMPS enabled using the ABS sensor or was it DAB? Anyway what you've described was the same issues I had with my MY 2013 SB. I got the MMI option but when I went into it - it mentioned something about 'no saved temps' and there wasn't any options to set them.

To this day I have not had my TMPS enabled on my car. Other people who followed the VCDS coding some how got theirs working without too many issues.

Hi,

Just thought I'd update everyone ref the TPMS saga on the A3 8v model. Alex from Vag Car Coding just popped round to my house after spending the day at a Vag show at the Donnington Race Track to carry out the coding to turn the TPMS function on my wife's A3 2014 saloon ( what a trooper ). EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING went very smoothly and is now working. As well as the TPMS I had a few other functions turned on the car while Alex was here. I was very lucky as the Vag show was only 15mins away from my house and he was able to pop round. I can't recommend him highly enough he knows his stuff and even more he's a nice guy. I've now booked more work on my wife's car and a trip to London in a few weeks to get a reverse camera fitted, screen mirroring and the basic sound system upgraded to the audi ***. Guys if you need anything doing on your Vag cars look no further than Alex from Vag Car Coding. Hope this helps guys.

Reactions: Schizophonic
Hi,

Just thought I'd update everyone ref the TPMS saga on the A3 8v model. Alex from Vag Car Coding just popped round to my house after spending the day at a Vag show at the Donnington Race Track to carry out the coding to turn the TPMS function on my wife's A3 2014 saloon ( what a trooper ). EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING went very smoothly and is now working. As well as the TPMS I had a few other functions turned on the car while Alex was here. I was very lucky as the Vag show was only 15mins away from my house and he was able to pop round. I can't recommend him highly enough he knows his stuff and even more he's a nice guy. I've now booked more work on my wife's car and a trip to London in a few weeks to get a reverse camera fitted, screen mirroring and the basic sound system upgraded to the audi ***. Guys if you need anything doing on your Vag cars look no further than Alex from Vag Car Coding. Hope this helps guys.
Hey Shazad!

Been a long day, up since 5am, but just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet you, your wife and your cars today :) Really happy that I could sort everything out for you and looking forward to our next project in August :)

Hi there,

No problem at all wife is really pleased with TPMS function working on her car now and the fact it has a visual display of the rear parking sensors rather than just it beeping is even better. We look forward to seeing you in about 4 weeks to get the rest of the work done. I will definitely be recommending you to anyone who needs coding for the cars in the VAG group and as I said before a very big thank you for your help with both of our cars.

Reactions: Raul_sbd and DJAlix
Hello lads, trying to code TPMS to my 2014 s3 and it won't let me put in the long coding in the ABS controller.........Anyone help. See pictures attached.

Attachments

• 20170810_155831.jpg
    20170810_155831.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 881
  • 20170810_155826.jpg
    20170810_155826.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 796
Hello, Realized that in the end.........:playful: A little slow lol. All the coding has been accepted but still says Tire Pressure Monitor unavailable. when i select it in the MII.

Cheers

Hello, Realized that in the end.........:playful: A little slow lol. All the coding has been accepted but still says Tire Pressure Monitor unavailable. when i select it in the MII.

Cheers
I would remove all the coding and adaptations relating to TPMS, lock the car and let all the modules shutdown (45mins) and try again.

Hi dsndav1985 ref tpms quite simply contact Alex from Vag Car Coding, save yourself the headache and even worse f***ing up your car. He done mine for me and it was pain free. You can find him on here so pm him he's also on instagram and Facebook. Keep us posted.............

Hi dsndav1985 ref tpms quite simply contact Alex from Vag Car Coding, save yourself the headache and even worse f***ing up your car. He done mine for me and it was pain free. You can find him on here so pm him he's also on instagram and Facebook. Keep us posted.............

Hello cheers for the advice. I'm pretty good with VCDS. But I'm more than thankfull for any advice, I always copy the old coding just incase all goes wrong.

Cheers Dan

Hello. Something wrong is happening. We have tried to configure but at the end, everytime I start, the tpms symbol are flashing in tachometer for about one minute until fix and don't turn off no more. Any bad message in display, and in MMI we can look in dark grey not activated the option to reset tire pressure. What must be wrong? And in other way, in 03 long coding in byte 28 I don't have 8x.
Thanks in advance

Hi Guys as always my answer to TPMS issues is contact Alex from Vag Car Coding. He sorted out my TPMS issue on my wife's A3 2104 8V along with a few other modifications. Highly recommended Alex.

Hello. Something wrong is happening. We have tried to configure but at the end, everytime I start, the tpms symbol are flashing in tachometer for about one minute until fix and don't turn off no more. Any bad message in display, and in MMI we can look in dark grey not activated the option to reset tire pressure. What must be wrong? And in other way, in 03 long coding in byte 28 I don't have 8x.
Thanks in advance
I suggest you read the screen.

8x = not the coding, it means change your first digit to 3 and the x = whatever your coding was before... this is why I listed examples, but for example 30 becomes 38.

Great!! Enable sensors are the problem. Good vibrations when you see it works. Thanks for your help!

@DJAlix Just attempted mine mmi working able to store pressures but saying fault with light flashing. Below is what I have changed in abs as assuming that’s where I’ve gone wrong.

Coding to start
12F18AA224230A6F017C060041C72548512450806082A4F2F841F0080608

Coding changed
12F18AA224230A6F017C060041C72548512450806082A4F2F841F0388608

Last edited:
@DJAlix Just attempted mine mmi working able to store pressures but saying fault with light flashing. Below is what I have changed in abs as assuming that’s where I’ve gone wrong.

Coding to start
12F18AA224230A6F017C060041C725485124550806082A4F2F841F0080608

Coding changed
12F18AA224230A6F017C060041C725485124550806082A4F2F841F0388608
you have only cut and past 29.5 Bytes of the 30 Byte coding

Reactions: dannyboy1985

Sorry that was due my mental copying I’ve added a number to post here. (Above it what was coded)

Sorry that was due my mental copying I’ve added a number to post here. (Above it what was coded)
That coding should be correct.

Reactions: dannyboy1985