Audi A3 8v Throttle Actuator Control System Stuck Open

GaryBurge

Reaction score
I have a 63 plate Audi A3 2.0 Diesel S-Line, the other day whilst driving home I noticed a flashing light on my dashboard, but everything seemed fine, no loss of power or anything. It turns out to be the Diesel glow plug warning light. It's the first time I have seen this warning, and it didn't happen again for a couple of days until today it came on again. I took it to a garage where they ran a scan and the error code that is given is P2111 - Throttle Actuator Control System Stuck Open. They had a look and unfortunately it doesn't seem like an easy job to get the damn thing out and look it over. They phoned up for a genuine Audi replacement just to get a price and they quoted me £281 +VAT. And then 2.5 hours labour on top so I'm looking at bill of around £600!

Has anyone else had similar issues? And does that quote for the part sound about right? In all fairness the garage did say it might end up that I don't need to replace the part, they will strip it out and inspect to see if it just needs a clean or if any of the wiring needs replacing.

Thanks in advance
Gary

After "dieselgate" was your Audi part of the VAG recall. I had the same series engine in a 2014 Skoda and it had to go in. Following this I had one odd occasion when the warning lights came on. It went in for diagnosis and "throttle position sensor" was one of three fault codes they found. This was cleared and all was well from then onwards.

Colin