Audi A3 8V S-Line Front Fog Light Grill

Dave8V

Reaction score
Hello,

Unfortunately the other day something hit the front of my A3 causing the front fog light grill to crack. I'm after sourcing a new one but Audi's prices are pretty steep. I can find non S-Line fog grills on eBay but cannot seem to find an S-Line one. I was just wondering whether anyone had any tips or was able to tell me the part number. I've asked Audi but they said they cannot tell me.

Attached is a picture of what I'm after.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

DSC 0003A

Someone with access to ETKA should be able to give the part number, hopefully they'll come along soon.
I'd be interested in knowing it too, as I have exactly the same issue. Must be a weak moulding, 2 or 3 of the hexagons have broken away just under the nearside fog light.
Do you know if it's a bumper off job to replace it?

This is how I changed my bulb..pay attention how I removed the grill..good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SDB
Cheers for the vid. Looks easy enough to remove, certainly better than having to take the bumper off.

Hello,

Unfortunately the other day something hit the front of my A3 causing the front fog light grill to crack. I'm after sourcing a new one but Audi's prices are pretty steep. I can find non S-Line fog grills on eBay but cannot seem to find an S-Line one. I was just wondering whether anyone had any tips or was able to tell me the part number. I've asked Audi but they said they cannot tell me.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

View attachment 130192
Is it either 35 or 36 on here?
http://www.realoem.me/Audi/RDW/A3/2017/745/R/8/807/807020
If it isn't, you can probably find it by having a rummage around. It's pretty self-explanatory. Just make sure you select the correct market.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDB
Good link, I've bookmarked that. I'm sure it'll come in useful in the future too.

Can you find the pre-facelift RS3 vents and fit them to a FL S3? From what I have seen you can just pry them out as one whole vent so if the RS3 is the same you could easily swap them.

Hello,

I want to change my fog light grilles from standard sline honeycomb ones to the same sline style but vented and with a chrome outline, my question is there a reason that the standard ones aren’t vented ie is there something behind that needs protecting if a stone was to hit there etc I’ll attach photo of original and the ones I want to change to.
Cheers

Attachments

• 94FC52C0-46F4-49FE-8F32-E5E3DA681A41.png
    94FC52C0-46F4-49FE-8F32-E5E3DA681A41.png
    587.8 KB · Views: 393
  • 96C67D3F-A066-44B6-BDF3-AAE945732E90.png
    96C67D3F-A066-44B6-BDF3-AAE945732E90.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 638
Hello,

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

View attachment 130192

Might be worth giving TPS a call. I've found them cheaper than Audi in the past for genuine parts.

Hello,

I want to change my fog light grilles from standard sline honeycomb ones to the same sline style but vented and with a chrome outline, my question is there a reason that the standard ones aren’t vented ie is there something behind that needs protecting if a stone was to hit there etc I’ll attach photo of original and the ones I want to change to.
Cheers

They don’t need to be vented in most models, so aren’t

For S3 I think the venting is for additional airflow over the brakes and possibly an intercooler in there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Ozzyy

This is how I changed my bulb..pay attention how I removed the grill..good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he is doing it TOTALLY WRONG ..
Unfortunately ppl dont read manual which is in the audi book case so ..
There is small hole in that grill where u stick hook and pry it off .. same as you removing caps on wheels to remove wheel ..

Hello,

Cheers
hi here are plenty to choose : ) I wann achange to gril lones bbut they are quiiitee expensiiive .. £50 quid
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...01059&SearchText=audi+a3+8v+fog+lights+grills

Reactions: Ozzyy
he is doing it TOTALLY WRONG ..
Unfortunately ppl dont read manual which is in the audi book case so ..
There is small hole in that grill where u stick hook and pry it off .. same as you removing caps on wheels to remove wheel ..

Yep, I have done this using the hole. A firm but not aggressive pull is required to 'pop' the cover off. I used the biggest allen key I could fit hooked into the hole and tugged the allen key outwards using mole grips (or equivalent). I have done this a number of times - to change the foglights to ones that have a better colour match to the DRLs, and also to hide a GPS tracker behind there.

They don’t need to be vented in most models, so aren’t

For S3 I think the venting is for additional airflow over the brakes and possibly an intercooler in there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for getting back, so could you see anything wrong if I was to put them on my standard tdi sline only for the aesthetic of the car