Audi A3 8V Reverse Camera (High) DIY Retrofit guide!!

yes but to be honest with you, after testing with a couple of forum members vehicles and my own, there was no difference between A3 calibrated and un-calibrated camera function / operation.
Ok il leave it then. im glad i got it working need to find a next project lol. Front parking sensors?

Hi dj alex did you send pm ? I cant find anything in my in box . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hope you don't mind me posting about a non Audi. I have a strange issue with a 2018 Skoda Superb SE Tech 1.4 petrol, with Amundsen headunit.

Car has hardly been driven in recent weeks, but will get an hours drive tomorrow.

I added a reverse camera,oem, and since then have had the following issues.
Maxidot, headunit and digital temp displays are all really faint when car is turned on.
Boot shows as open when is is closed.
Interior lights not working.
And getting workshop message re SOS feature not working.
Getting fault code 13705496 in 6C, back up cam.
Getting fault code 15360512 in 09 Cent Elect.( Component Protection)

I already had car booked into Skoda garage to check radio showing on maxidot as being off when it is on, this was long before camera install.

I have tried clearing codes, but component protection stays in 09 cent elect. I haven't replaced any modules or upgraded heaadunit??

Any advice? Will the Skoda garage be able to tell I was using VCDS?

I presume only Odis, not VCDS, can clear the component protection?

Thanks.

Guys how I have to know what version I got high or low...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hey guys

sorry that I ask this question, but I need some confirmation. I have a prefacelift e-tron with the mib-touch and front and rear sensors, can I install the facelift camera 8V0827566B ?
There’s a company in the Netherlands that sells the camera (prefacelift) for €125 and corresponding camera module for €130 but also the facelift camera for €125 so it seems the facelift option is much cheaper since it has the module built in.
And can I get some comments on this video? The comment in Dutch tells that it’s a A3 etron my 2015 with facelift camera with objects recognition, never saw this before...

What about this camera 5q0980556b?
It’s just the camera without the tailgate handle. Is it only for the facelift or is the part with the latch open button separately available so it can be installed on a PFL ?
7E338A02 CF22 4EC3 B71B 5092BB7DDADE

What about this camera 5q0980556b?
It’s just the camera without the tailgate handle. Is it only for the facelift or is the part separately with the latch open button available?
View attachment 205996
Can be installed in pre-facelift but unless you want to fabricate something special why would you buy the camera without a handle?

Can be installed in pre-facelift but unless you want to fabricate something special why would you buy the camera without a handle?

thanks for your reaction. It’s just that in the Netherlands these are more common in the second hand business ( dissamble wrecked cars) like the picture I posted. This made me wonder if there is a partnumber for just the handle with a hole/holder for the camera ?

of course I was looking for 8V0827566B but I discovered these are more rare than I thought...

thanks for your reaction. It’s just that in the Netherlands these are more common in the second hand business ( dissamble wrecked cars) like the picture I posted. This made me wonder if there is a partnumber for just the handle with a hole/holder for the camera ?

of course I was looking for 8V0827566B but I discovered these are more rare than I thought...
I don’t believe the can by a handle with camera “slot” on its own. What you have posted is normally used in vehicles like the seat Leon, together with a small Angled plastic holder:

2A1815A7 5B95 4688 95D8 13C3F4F2F776

If you are having issues finding a camera I can always price you up for genuine new oem parts plus postage. Pm me if you like.

I don’t believe the can by a handle with camera “slot” on its own. What you have posted is normally used in vehicles like the seat Leon, together with a small Angled plastic holder:

View attachment 205999

If you are having issues finding a camera I can always price you up for genuine new oem parts plus postage. Pm me if you like.

thanks a lot , that made it clear. I will take your offer in consideration. But due the corona which hit me right in the wallet the budget for this is more likely in the second hand region last question, better a used one so it’s already parameterized then a new one ? Only vcd at hand.

thanks a lot , that made it clear. I will take your offer in consideration. But due the corona which hit me right in the wallet the budget for this is more likely in the second hand region last question, better a used one so it’s already parameterized then a new one ? Only vcd at hand.
Totally understand.

90% of the parts from an official / authorised VW group supplier will be “Virgin” and will have no coding or parameters pre-loaded. Things like Modern engine control units and gearbox control units do but cameras won’t. Chances are however that you will not be purchasing from a supplier like this as for example a dealership might supply a PFL camera for approx £300, the module for £350 but not be able to supply any wiring looms. You will most likely purchase a “kit” from a 3rd party, most of whom now flash and code the camera / module before sending in order to make sure it works.

Anyone know where I can source the bracket 8V5907471 for a reasonable price? I've searched around online but have only found examples that will end up costing close to $100...

These guys from Holland Will ship it to you, they have a lot of experience with export of parts. Contact them, item price is only 10 euro
https://www.bm-parts.nl/onderdeel/1...sImNhdCI6MCwiY2FyIjowLCJzIjoiOFY1OTA3NDcxIn0=

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried reaching out to them unfortunately shipping was cost prohibitive to USA.

On a side note, I just completed my retrofit and everything seems to be working; however, the camera seems quite blurry for things which are not directly behind the car. Is this normal/expected? My last car was a 2016 GTI and the current is a 2015 S3. The camera on the former seemed much better than on the S3. Is it possible I messed something up in the settings or is this the way it is?

Does anyone have the document that they can send me, looking to do this and also fit front parking sensors on my A3, the original link seems to have gone.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried reaching out to them unfortunately shipping was cost prohibitive to USA.

On a side note, I just completed my retrofit and everything seems to be working; however, the camera seems quite blurry for things which are not directly behind the car. Is this normal/expected? My last car was a 2016 GTI and the current is a 2015 S3. The camera on the former seemed much better than on the S3. Is it possible I messed something up in the settings or is this the way it is?

The genuine Audi camera is utter s***e.

Made worse if you have the PFL widescreen as the resolution is stretched, on the FL is a little better as the image is reduced.

Hello everyone!

Currently i’m making preparations for installing the rearview camera on my 8V sportback (LHD)
Now i actually want to know if someone could show where or how the camera module bracket is placed? I’ve opened up the lid in the right corner in the boot but I couldn’t see how it is placed. Or maybe its even further towards the bumper. Hopefully someone has a picture in which the bracket is already in place.

Still looking for an earth point in the boot of a sportback, since i placed the camera module bracket in the original space (right rear corner of the boot). Does someone know what i can use in that area as earthing point?

Look above it, there is an earthing point. Look for all the brown wires.

thanks for the information! I will check it soon.
So you mean there is a point somewhere above this spot?

Attachments

• 83191273-9578-4123-B40D-6A816BCDA90D.jpeg
    83191273-9578-4123-B40D-6A816BCDA90D.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 340
Hi is this kit any good
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...3409630000&ver=0&cspheader=1&oversion=94aa466

or would the ones like at vagcom be better

Its not a OEM camera, I am sure VAG use Sony and that supplier does not say what camera it is, also the screen shots looks muddled and fuzzy, they dont look like 1080p even though they state it is.

I am not sure why they dont just ask for a little more money and they can say its a genuine VAG camera.

I am looking about £450.00 fitted for a VAG supplier, I think its worth the extra considering you get a full warranty with support.

what was it like

Yes very good almost tempted to refit it as having issues with reverse camera on new apple car play.
Can’t get camera to switch off after reversing, without turning system off then back on.
Plus this **** weather not helping.

Thinking about selling my old reverse camera etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How easy was this to fit, can a Noob fit it without any previous experience?
270.00 error free seems like a good deal if it has a great picture, the handle for the boot is of good quality ect.

Just wish it was a sony camera, but if you are saying its amazing and works great with the MMI 1 then I am very tempted.

Thanks @mike170

How easy was this to fit, can a Noob fit it without any previous experience?
270.00 error free seems like a good deal if it has a great picture, the handle for the boot is of good quality ect.

Just wish it was a sony camera, but if you are saying its amazing and works great with the MMI 1 then I am very tempted.

Thanks @mike170

Plug and play, then run wire to camera inside car and into boot lid!

7f5ef5faaa4250b5cd80aa4e6f3dc445.jpg

I brought mine from the USA think it cost £160 plus duty

This one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192706003724

Looks good but says postage is another £35.70 + customs which will probably be around £25 - £35.00

Still looks cheaper than the UK one for sale, but if something goes wrong or its broke you may need to return it back to the USA which will cost a lot.

I really wish they would have spent a little extra and went with a Sony lens, but all in all they look interesting.

Is there a video you still have to show how to install, I want to see how hard it may be for me as I have never taken apart any panels in a car before. ?

Had a look online, I cant seem to find any install videos

Thanks again @mike170

Looks good but says postage is another £35.70 + customs which will probably be around £25 - £35.00

Still looks cheaper than the UK one for sale, but if something goes wrong or its broke you may need to return it back to the USA which will cost a lot.

I really wish they would have spent a little extra and went with a Sony lens, but all in all they look interesting.

Is there a video you still have to show how to install, I want to see how hard it may be for me as I have never taken apart any panels in a car before. ?

Thanks again @mike170

Thanks again @mike170

is the Sony lens just a better picture quality

Thanks again @mike170 looks really easy if you take your time.

@daniel brown Yes but also the quality of the housing as well.

Its a bit strange why they have not identified the camera, you need to worry about water proofing and if it will hold up to some of our nasty winters, also I live on the beach so I need to worry about salt air getting into the tinyest of spaces.

I think for an extra £200.00 or so pounds I would rather get DJALEX to fit mine with a Sony camera and full warranty and support, also can get the front sensors done at the same time.

Reactions: Dansheff
Thanks again @mike170 looks really easy if you take your time.

@daniel brown Yes but also the quality of the housing as well.

Its a bit strange why they have not identified the camera, you need to worry about water proofing and if it will hold up to some of our nasty winters, also I live on the beach so I need to worry about salt air getting into the tinyest of spaces.

I think for an extra £200.00 or so pounds I would rather get DJALEX to fit mine with a Sony camera and full warranty and support, also can get the front sensors done at the same time.

Buy this one if you want was going to put in on eBay?
Soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buy this one if you want was going to put in on eBay?
Soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How much do you want @mike170

Remember it has no warranty and second hand so I am trusting you that everything is in as new condition with all wires ect?

Why did you remove it, did you mention something about apple, does this unit not work with the aftermarket apple car play ?