Audi A3 8V PFL 3 door Bang & Olufsen upgrade

MiTTXx

Reaction score
Hi I am wondering if anyone can shed any light and point me in the right direction. I have read another thread in regards to the upgrade but I can’t seem to find the correct answers. So I have the amp, speakers and wiring just need some instructions as to where the pins need to connect within the car itself. Will attach a photo of the speaker set up I have and the wiring kit I have.

TIA
AC54D5A6 6428 45ED BC92 2E03A104ADD4
76B1C5AC C8ED 4084 8F1F D0C56E3297E0

I have just completed this retrofit

the 14 speaker wires are obvious

coming from the amp you then have:

Thickish blue wire: goes to fuse box behind glovebox
Brown wire: earth, goes to earthing at bottom of passenger side a-pillar
Thin green wire: goes to back of MMI.
Black sheathed wire: goes to microphone in the interior light compartment

you also have the optical cable (MOST) which goes to the back of the MMI too. This is 2 orange wires protected by plastic

Reactions: MiTTXx
Sorry, if you bought a loom same as the pic then your main power is red not blue

Reactions: MiTTXx
I have just completed this retrofit

the 14 speaker wires are obvious

coming from the amp you then have:

Thickish blue wire: goes to fuse box behind glovebox
Brown wire: earth, goes to earthing at bottom of passenger side a-pillar
Thin green wire: goes to back of MMI.
Black sheathed wire: goes to microphone in the interior light compartment

you also have the optical cable (MOST) which goes to the back of the MMI too. This is 2 orange wires protected by plastic
Yeah the speaker plugs are obvious although I don’t have all the speakers as I have a 3 door model - I did attach the speakers and amp I received. I don’t have plugs for the main two door speakers or plugs for the rear (door-not-door) speakers lol. So will these use the factory plugs in the car already or? And how to know where to connect which pin to which number behind the mmi unit in the glove box? Do any need to connect to the body controle module?
Tia

Last edited: