AUDI A3 8V Parking sensors retrofit guide (8k Front + Rear)

swuw231

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently retrofited front and rear OEM parking sensors into a 2015 PFL audi A3 8V saloon and since this forums have helped me so much, I wanted to share my 2 cents by creating a retrofit guide, hopefully someone will find it useful:

I've seen that many people (including myself) have experienced an issue with PDC button in which it activates the parking sensors but shows no display on MMI, I found out a workaround that worked in my case and its detailed also in the guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mick3, bhanu, crisx24ro and 3 others
hi there, can you please double check the link? apparently isnt working anymore, thanks!

@swuw
That's a great write up very professional

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: swuw231
Great Job! incredible tutorial. I did the a similar upgrade myself with 12k (including auto-parking) but have never had the time to write such a detailled tutorial.
keep on!

Reactions: swuw231
Hey, doesn’t seem as if the link is working. Any way to get this updated. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Both dropbox and google drive links don't work. Is there any chance you can post a working link for the guide?

Thanks in advance

I am very interested in fitting rear parking sensors, could you please try and make the above links work, Thanks

Reactions: Francoferre
So far I have the following parts for my car:- ( I believe it is quite critical you work to your build date as around the face lift things changed quite a bit under the skin ECU wise ) I have not tested these parts with my car yet!!!!!
4 x sensors 5Q0 919 275 B
Bumper loom 8V0 971 104
PDC control ECU 5Q0 919 298 B
Speaker 4D0 919 279
I just need to sort out what I am doing with the bumper now, either buy new (£600 inc paint) or drill my bumper and attach the mounts myself (may still need paint!), Audi however do not sell the mounts individually. see drawing attached for numbers

I also intend to fit a rear view camera and have bought 8V0827 566B to fit at the same time as I have all the boot etc. to bits, hopefully this will cure my paranoia when reversing.

Attachments

• rear pdc sensor holders.jpg
    rear pdc sensor holders.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 559
Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Absolutely brilliant - thank you very much indeed you have done some work there.
I also intend to fit the camera at the same time, and get all the coding done in 1 go.
Just one question - you mention the connectors / looms T18 and T26 where did you get them from?
I will keep you up to date with progress I am hoping to have some days over Christmas in the garage!!!!!!!
Thanks again

Reactions: q2us3r
Just one question - you mention the connectors / looms T18 and T26 where did you get them from?

Thanks for the good detailed review, I have a 2017 facelift S3 so only need to retrofit the front sensors, I take it I will only need the following parts?

4x Parking sensors 5Q0 919 275B/5Q0 919 275C
• 2x Adhesive brackets
• 2x front bumper sensor brackets 8V3 919 267
• 1x 8K parking module 5Q0 919 294K
• 1x Buzzers 5Q0 919 279
• 1x Bumper parking sensor harness
• 1x T18 harness (wiring loom from module to front sensors)
• 1x T26 harness (wiring loom from module to rear sensors + PDC button + front
buzzer + Power/GND + CAN lines + rear buzzer)
• 1x PDC multiple switch panel 8V0 925 301
• 1x PDC support bracket 5Q0937503A
• 1x 7.5A blade fuse

For the PDC button for the dash is it available separately or do I have to find a strip of buttons to suit the options fitted to my car?

I take it there are no differences in the installation between a facelift and pre-facelift car?

Thanks
Jamie

Facelift grill sensor brackets i used was
8V3919268F RN4
8V3919267F RN4

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jamiesri
My experience is that I havent had much luck sourcing parts individually, specially wiring harnesses and price-wise you can either land very good deals or spend the same money plus the hassle of trying to get every piece; I've seen front only PDC kits from Aliexpress and they come with everything needed (button panel, sensors, brackets, wiring harnesses, etc) and for a very good price, only drawbacks I would see is that modules from there doesnt always come parametrized and they do lack a quality costumer support.

Kufatec is also a good source for kits, search functionality not the best on website and can be expensive by the time you check out!

Hi all, I recently retrofited front and rear OEM parking sensors into a 2015 PFL audi A3 8V saloon and since this forums have helped me so much, I wanted to share my 2 cents by creating a retrofit guide, hopefully someone will find it useful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hn82di6z33n9vma/AUDI A3 8V Parking sensors retrofit guide.pdf?dl=0

View attachment 205327
View attachment 205328 View attachment 205329 View attachment 205330

I've seen that many people (including myself) have experienced an issue with PDC button in which it activates the parking sensors but shows no display on MMI, I found out a workaround that worked in my case and its detailed also in the guide.

Is the kit the same as 8V0054630A?

https://www.audiaccessories.ca/p/Au...r-the-parking-system/63619630/8V0054630A.html

It doesn't look flush on the official website but your car looks completely OEM.

Hi, sorry for the delay I've been away for a while now; please find updated link:

I may need to tidy up some posts as I see many non working links :neutral:

No need for a new bumper, just punch out the parking sensor holes (quite easy as they are marked inside the bumper) and glue the brackets, I recommend to get the propper tool for the job, but if not possible a 18mm step drill bit can also do the trick.

Cheers!

The link doesn’t work anymore. Can you please provide us with a new link? Or if someone has the document and is willing to send it to me, I’d be very very grateful.

Here is my install after many hours of buying parts of the great auction site in the sky!
Back with PDC
Front with PDC

needless to say I am really chuffed with the results, and nothing like the kit in the pictures.

Reactions: Rico2020
have you seen this thread?
Thanks for the reply, this will help a lot for the front. Is there also some documentation on the rear? I currently have no pdc at all on my PFL sedan from 2014. Want to do PDC front and rear and rear camera.

Try using the search function there is loads out there, I have recently done mine so if there is anything I can help with just ask - I think there was a guide on the FAQs thread

The link doesn’t work anymore. Can you please provide us with a new link? Or if someone has the document and is willing to send it to me, I’d be very very grateful.

I have a 2013 A3 8v Sportback with almost zero options…
and want pdc front and rear with camera.
Already bought sline stearing wheel with mfl, but mmi mib1 navi and led rear lights (needs to be fitted but looking for some help)

any tips faq howto? Love to do the most work myself.

Have you read through the thread? there is some talk about if you can have the display without the camera.
Have you read through the how too guide there is a step by step on the VCDS configuration.

Hi there!

Can someone share the PDF file with instruction once again?
Please kindly :)

Reactions: Goalmaster6
your links ait working :/ I was wondering if i can install front pads as my car have rear oem ...

Reactions: Goalmaster6
I hope the OP sees this comments and can post a new link soon! I’ve got a 2014 s3 with no OPS, hatchback not saloon, but I’m really hoping I can get a guide off here to help!

Let me have your email by pm and I send it to you

i dont want to be that person but I dont think you should be sharing this file as if it was yours, if OP removed the links he might not want his work to be shared, just saying

Reactions: JohnM100
i dont want to be that person but I dont think you should be sharing this file as if it was yours, if OP removed the links he might not want his work to be shared, just saying
Not making out as if it's mine at all just trying to help, but if it causes any offence ask OP

Please see below this is how I sent the file whilst trying to help other forum members

yeah I got it, but what i meant is that you should get consent from OP prior to sharing his work, there might be a possibility that he dont want his work to be shared anymore; I saw this guide when it was up and it was quite a write up