Facelift Audi A3 8V FL Jack

FredrikA3

Reaction score
Website
lightnings.dk
Hi guys,

I just received my new A3 8V last week. I am a bit unsure if there is a jack somewhere. The original one for my 8P was really good so I am hoping that they are hiding it somewhere.

I did not purchase a spare wheel.

If you got no spare wheel then I imagine you also get no jack.

Stupid but I think that's the way it is

I thought a spare wheel was standard?

I think it probably depends on your country. In the UK the spare wheel (and therefore the jack) is standard on the A3 but possibly not in other countries. In the UK it is found in the lidded section on the driver's side in the boot/trunk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: azibux1
I think it probably depends on your country. In the UK the spare wheel (and therefore the jack) is standard on the A3 but possibly not in other countries. In the UK it is found in the lidded section on the driver's side in the boot/trunk.

Or under the boot floor for a saloon :)

I am from Denmark and the spare wheel is not standard here. It is around 250£. The jack might actually be located in the lidded section in the boot. Had a quick look but it is too dark now.

I have some liquid for the tire if it runs flat in the same lidded section, hoping to find the jack as well.

Will have another look tomorrow, thanks guys :)

I noticed what looks like a sensor attached to where the spare wheel is as well, what's that for?

The repair kits are irritating, id much rather have a spare wheel.. these kits seem a fuss and seem to leave your alloys in a mess afterwards, not to mention forcing you to scrap the tyre.

I very much doubt you would get a jack without a spare wheel unfortunately. The jack is housed beneath the spare wheel.

I noticed what looks like a sensor attached to where the spare wheel is as well, what's that for?

I think you'll find that this is connected to the sub-woofer in the well where the spare wheel is.

I think you'll find that this is connected to the sub-woofer in the well where the spare wheel is.

Ah, of course - I forgot about the sub, probably haven't got a spare wheel in mine then lol

I haven't had any spare wheels since like 3 or 4 cars ago here in Hong Kong... My S3 only came with an electronic inflator, used it once, it's actually a lot stronger than the stupid BMW ones...