Audi A3 8V (2013) Mirror Folding

Avib

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I apologize if this info was provided on previous posts already, but I couldn't find an answer.
I own an automatic A3 8V (2013), and I wanted to know if there is something I can do in order to "enable" automatic mirror folding on my vehicle?
Does this feature even exists? is it possible to use VCDS to enable it?

Your help is appreciated.

Hello guys,
I apologize if this info was provided on previous posts already, but I couldn't find an answer.
I own an automatic A3 8V (2013), and I wanted to know if there is something I can do in order to "enable" automatic mirror folding on my vehicle?

If you have factory fitted / supplied power adjustable and folding mirrors then you will have an option within your MMI central Locking menu to have them fold on lock. If you don’t have this then you don’t have folding mirrors and “VCDS coding” won’t do anything for you as you will be missing the needed hardware.

If you have a “folding” position on your mirror control knob then I would suggest that your mirrors have been retrofitted and not coded correctly.

Reactions: Avib
Well, I do not have an option within my MMI central Locking menu, it means that i'm missing the requried HW then.
Thank you for that info.

You can get them folded, heated and, when in reverse, have the nearside mirror itself (not the entire housing) dip. A colleague of mine has just got an A3 saloon and said that ones with folding mirrors are pretty rare, so I think many are in your position. You should be able to retrofit them but I've just had a quick look on two websites and didn't really find much :( I'm sure others have done it though

I did some investigation and couldn't find much info regarding this as well.
As for now, i'm just folding the mirrors manually :( till I come up with a solution.
Thank you for your reply.

Reactions: Avib
Hello guys,

I did this on my Audi A3 8v I had to install retrofit mirrors and also do some rewiring in the door harness. Pretty easy tho as there are many videos on YouTube showing how to do this manually without changing the full wiring harness. Once this is done you can then use the VCDS to turn on the feature.

Hi, I'm wondering about retrofit folding mirrors to my a3 sportback (2017), but I have question (maybe someone could answer): is the parts between sportback, saloon or cabriolet are the same or not? I know that part number are different (8V1*, 8V4*, 8V5*), but are they really different, I mean about door handle or mirror? It will be fit to my car if I will buy part from example saloon or cabriolet?

Hi, I'm wondering about retrofit folding mirrors to my a3 sportback (2017), but I have question (maybe someone could answer): is the parts between sportback, saloon or cabriolet are the same or not? I know that part number are different (8V1*, 8V4*, 8V5*), but are they really different, I mean about door handle or mirror? It will be fit to my car if I will buy part from example saloon or cabriolet?

they are different.
Sport back and hatch I think(don’t quote me on this) is the same and saloon and cabrio are the same. The folding angles are slightly different so can touch the body when folded.

Well, I do not have an option within my MMI central Locking menu, it means that i'm missing the requried HW then.
Thank you for that info.

Very late reply, but I've only just seen this so thought I'd answer in case anyone else has this question in the future. I have a 2014 S3 with factory folding mirrors and there was no option in the MMI settings - I'm guessing this wasn't an MMI feature on earlier cars. I used the Carista app to add the option of auto folding on locking to the MMI, so it can be done!