Audi A3 8p3 sline 2010 rear diffuser needed

Marcus57

Reaction score
I've got a 2010 a3 8p3 sline and have the single exhaust pipe diffuser on it at present but want to change it for the twin pipe black edition rear diffuser ive looked on ebay etc but there rare as f#@£ any one know where I can grab one from and also the 4 criss cross inserts it has can they be swapped from one to the other as when you add up those 4 bits and the diffuser its a bit costly any adeas would help or if a different twin pipe diffuser will fit please let me know ta.

Aaaaaand breathe after reading that post ...

Diffuser - 8P0807434F around £91

Inserts needed
8P0 807 819 A
8P0 807 833 A
8P0 807 824
8P0 807 820

eBay isn't always the cheapest btw

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and D7YAB
Sorry mate I bet this has been asked countless times!!!! Where can I pick one up for £91 is that Audi or TPS or what cheers pal

Yes. You're best waiting for a second hand one as the inserts are aroudn £40 per piece.

I've been waiting ages a diffuser came up but was scratched to f÷#@ would the inserts ive got on the single fit on the double pipe diffuser?? Might have to alter the end one but?? £91 thats ok for the diffuser but £160 for the 4 bits sod that.... i suppose i would have to buy the towing eye square bit also... Any ideas thanks pal

I’ve got a brand new diffuser and valance for sale for an S3/A3 3 door. Bought direct from Audi but never fitted

Attachments

• 26B9B976-4824-40FA-846E-9B28A0EC373B.jpeg
    26B9B976-4824-40FA-846E-9B28A0EC373B.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 412
  • 993AD154-6E36-4E37-B13F-9D80C6D06000.jpeg
    993AD154-6E36-4E37-B13F-9D80C6D06000.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 0E658E75-7009-4074-A5B5-2107139844CF.jpeg
    0E658E75-7009-4074-A5B5-2107139844CF.jpeg
    311.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 829F217D-D1F3-488D-AC44-4ADD2B258A39.jpeg
    829F217D-D1F3-488D-AC44-4ADD2B258A39.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 613
I’ve got a brand new diffuser and valance for sale for an S3/A3 3 door. Bought direct from Audi but never fitted

Bumper is different on the S3, OP would need that too.

If his bumper is a two piece then the valance and diffuser will fit. I know because I’ve done it before

It won't fit the facelift rear bumper, pretty sure you could do it on the pre-facelift but definitely not the facelift.

Cheers pal you have to change the bumper too that way which would mean spraying and the price of a S3 bumper which is more work would have to add the side skirts too as it would be lower at the back i think?? Going to call TPS tomorrow get some prices if the bumpers not too expensive i may get back to you cheers

Cheers pal you have to change the bumper too that way which would mean spraying and the price of a S3 bumper which is more work would have to add the side skirts too as it would be lower at the back i think?? Going to call TPS tomorrow get some prices if the bumpers not too expensive i may get back to you cheers

You're talking around £300 in primer for a 3door facelift S3 rear.

Upload 2018 9 9 15 48 25

Crickey £300 that's without painting and the diffuser and valance and the exhaust modification thats a bit too lumpy for the old wallet at the moment think the cheapest and easiest way is the other option cheers people

Btw when you say facelift is that what mine is thats the same as 8p3 yeah?? 2010 reg??

Many a 8p bumper on Gumtree mostly all from leeds / bradford area they do a rocking trade down there .
Red S-line bumper + valance Bury Manchester ( gumtree ) £70 bargain

Last edited:
Hi mate I have a black edition rear bumper, almost immaculate except for the dust, it’s in black if that’s any use?

Btw when you say facelift is that what mine is thats the same as 8p3 yeah?? 2010 reg??
The 8p range going by wikipedia is 2003 - 2012 , so ur one being 2010 will come under the 8p2 as 2nd generation .hope that helps

I've got a 2010 a3 8p3 sline and have the single exhaust pipe diffuser on it at present but want to change it for the twin pipe black edition rear diffuser ive looked on ebay etc but there rare as f#@£ any one know where I can grab one from and also the 4 criss cross inserts it has can they be swapped from one to the other as when you add up those 4 bits and the diffuser its a bit costly any adeas would help or if a different twin pipe diffuser will fit please let me know ta.

Hi mate I have exactly what you’re after, pm me if you’re still after one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw your other post about the bumper but its not the bumper that i need its the diffuser but kind of in two minds at the moment as might put an s3 bumper and diffuser on it...ive been looking for a similar s3 style diffuser that you don't have to muck about changing the bumper with and will just fit on the Sline bumper i have but cant source On!!! Just out of curiosity whats the diffuser like?

Yeah I saw your other post about the bumper but its not the bumper that i need its the diffuser but kind of in two minds at the moment as might put an s3 bumper and diffuser on it...ive been looking for a similar s3 style diffuser that you don't have to muck about changing the bumper with and will just fit on the Sline bumper i have but cant source On!!! Just out of curiosity whats the diffuser like?

It’s off a 57 plate S-Line black edition, it’s the bottom of the diffuser so will literally clip straight on, I’d be willing to let it go for a decent price as I just want it gone

89c851cced1079922ead63715b4b4333.jpg
80367c6e520bf07a7f7336e6460369aa.jpg
079b83d0754569815fcf9e376ca5d5ea.jpg

Yeah that looks alright was you going to put it on yours? I've been looking at one on ebay a black rs one by protuning for £85 + post but not sure it fits it says it fits the sport model and my pals got the sport model and my old single exhaust diffuser fits on his so might go for that it dosnt have the side bits that you have to paint like in the s3 diff where the bumper splits into two so it should fit.

Yeah that looks alright was you going to put it on yours? I've been looking at one on ebay a black rs one by protuning for £85 + post but not sure it fits it says it fits the sport model and my pals got the sport model and my old single exhaust diffuser fits on his so might go for that it dosnt have the side bits that you have to paint like in the s3 diff where the bumper splits into two so it should fit.

I took it off mine and put a different one on when I sold it, got an S3 now, best thing to do would be to message them and ask.

I bought an aftermarket one but it didn’t fit well at all, and it didn’t have any ways to screw it in, it clipped in but it was a horrible job, constant felt like it was going to snap and one of the clips did ping off which was reeeeally annoying, and to make it even worse the bits that slide in and ‘clip’ in, didn’t clip in they just slid in and I had to proper bodge it in...

S l300

Like one of these two prob the one above it looks like it will fit...???
S l300 1

Thanks for the info mate see thats the good thing about these sites somebody's usually done what your trying to do or had the same problem and fixed it ....just looks really ***** the back of my a3 the front is basicly the same as a s3 or rs3 ive got an rs3 grill on front but the back really lets it down with the single exhaust criss cross insert diffuser.

Thanks for the info mate see thats the good thing about these sites somebody's usually done what your trying to do or had the same problem and fixed it ....just looks really ***** the back of my a3 the front is basicly the same as a s3 or rs3 ive got an rs3 grill on front but the back really lets it down with the single exhaust criss cross insert diffuser.

Yeah always good to get advice, they both look similar to the one I bought except mine was completely gloss black as the car was the same so it worked well for me

Check with them that you can return them if they don’t fit before you buy and ask for photos of the clips. I’ve circled in red on the photo below where you can just about see where the diffuser slides into the bumper, the ‘clips’ are just smooth plastic so can easily snap or fall out, whereas the other 2 pics are of the genuine Audi clips on a genuine diffuser

dbb40085e2e4cfd82916bcece361e733.png

3c599fe9167ddcd6f1eb5a6078462ef3.png

0de788011a07eef1d8cf84ed40784a0d.png

As you can see in the one, it’s formed so it can’t just slide out

Why don't they just put more clips on it 4s not going to hold it in well with all the speed bumps about. I see what you mean its a bit pony but the audi original one is probably 4 times the price u can why people buy them.. mine is black think it's panther black or something its a metallic anyway what would you want for the one you have just out of interest? Thanks for all the help mate to really appreciate it.

Why don't they just put more clips on it 4s not going to hold it in well with all the speed bumps about. I see what you mean its a bit pony but the audi original one is probably 4 times the price u can why people buy them.. mine is black think it's panther black or something its a metallic anyway what would you want for the one you have just out of interest? Thanks for all the help mate to really appreciate it.

I’d imagine that’s just because it’s cheaper to make 4 rubbish tabs than over a dozen actual clips, the one I have is panther black also.

What would you offer me for it mate?
Also where are you based? Postage would probably be pricey so a meet up would be best and you could make sure you’re happy before you buy?

This is exactly the same as mine at present it looks terrible...im in East London...mate i dont know what to offer let me have a think and get back to you cheers Marcus

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 1,565
This is exactly the same as mine at present it looks terrible...im in East London...mate i dont know what to offer let me have a think and get back to you cheers Marcus

Yeah I see what you mean it’s a bit blockish, I’m in Peterborough mate so could maybe meet you halfway?
If we met halfway I’d do it for £100, they’re going for anywhere from £70 to £200+ on eBay depending on condition and I’ve got no use for it

20170310 220333
Was looking at your diffuser i dont think it will fit ....yours is made out of 2 bits the diffuser and the Black valance its like the s3 one my bumpers just one piece... the s3 one etc is a different bumper to mine made of two bits the bumper then the valance then the diffuser... . If im right the silver bit of yours might fit but the Black valance wont....well that's what someone in this post earlier said?? I dont really want a silver one as my cars all blacked out.

The 2010 Sline black edition diffuser has the twin exhaust port and the mesh inserts the same as the one in the pic I put up but twin exhaust. Its nothing like the one you have yours is more like a sport edition one. There's one on ebay complete with the inserts etc for £100 but its a silverish one its no good. I dont really want to mess about spraying things.

The 2010 Sline black edition diffuser has the twin exhaust port and the mesh inserts the same as the one in the pic I put up but twin exhaust. Its nothing like the one you have yours is more like a sport edition one. There's one on ebay complete with the inserts etc for £100 but its a silverish one its no good. I dont really want to mess about spraying things.

That does have the twin exhaust port pal, this diffuser is one unit that slides onto the bumper, this is from a 57 plate so it’s the pre facelift which is why it doesn’t have the mesh. Have you taken your diffuser off before or can you find a picture of one the same as yours that’s been removed?

Yeah here is a single exhaust and one twin exhaust port

Attachments

• Genuine-Audi-A3-8P-S-Line-Single-Exhaust.jpg
    Genuine-Audi-A3-8P-S-Line-Single-Exhaust.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 217
  • s-l300-2.jpg
    s-l300-2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 226
Hi I have a twin pipe diffuser with a removable compartment for tow bar use.
Off a S-line 2011 Audi A3

Let me know if of interest.
Billy

Yeah here is a single exhaust and one twin exhaust port

As far as I’m aware pal that will clip straight on as yours is just grey plastic whereas mines painted plastic, exact same shape so can’t imagine it won’t fit