KingxSniper

Reaction score
Hi, Im new to this forum and I couldnt find this anywhere. Is it possible to put a 8V facelift on my 8p, 2007 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI?

Has it been done before ? Anyone got any advice/ pics ?

And no, picking up the facelift (2013) cost around £7,500, while you can get the 8P for less than half

Thank you

I can't see it working as they're two completely different vehicles in size, mounts, front ends etc.

You'd have to butcher together a custom bumper which isn't really worth the hassle, why not just put a 2009-onwards facelift front end on it?

Reactions: KingxSniper
I can't see it working as they're two completely different vehicles in size, mounts, front ends etc.

You'd have to butcher together a custom bumper which isn't really worth the hassle, why not just put a 2009-onwards facelift front end on it?

Hello thanks for replying! I said "my" Audi A3 8p 1.8 TFSI, when in fact i still haven't brought one because my price range is £4200 max to get a 2007 model with 75,000 on the clock. They're more expensive than the 1.6 fsi, should i stick with the 1.8 tfsi?

And regarding the 2009 facelift, could you show me the differences ?

Thanks

Firstly, welcome to the forum, hope you find it a nice place to hang out :)

Secondly, I struggle to see your logic here - your budget does not allow you to get a 8V, so you want to buy a 8P and convert it to 8V, spending a not an insignificant amount in time, parts and fabrication, and that's even before you consider the loss in value to the original car that your modification will result. Anything is possible, but you will need deep pockets to do this and by the time you're done the 8V may be much cheaper. Take the advice and either save up for a 8V or buy a post 2009 8P, save the moneys and enjoy it for what it is :)

Firstly, welcome to the forum, hope you find it a nice place to hang out :)

Secondly, I struggle to see your logic here - your budget does not allow you to get a 8V, so you want to buy a 8P and convert it to 8V, spending a not an insignificant amount in time, parts and fabrication, and that's even before you consider the loss in value to the original car that your modification will result. Anything is possible, but you will need deep pockets to do this and by the time you're done the 8V may be much cheaper. Take the advice and either save up for a 8V or buy a post 2009 8P, save the moneys and enjoy it for what it is :)

Hello, thanks for your reply, I would go for the 8p probably. Regarding engine size, the 1.6 FSI is cheaper and of course less BHP but, the 1.8 tfsi is more expensive and faster, roughly same MPG. What is your opinion ?

Thanks

Hello, thanks for your reply, I would go for the 8p probably. Regarding engine size, the 1.6 FSI is cheaper and of course less BHP but, the 1.8 tfsi is more expensive and faster, roughly same MPG. What is your opinion ?

Thanks
I couldn't comment as I have zero experience with either. I would imagine that the tfsi engine would be the more fun one as I'm a huge fan of turbo's engines. Only thing to consider there is difference in insurance.

I couldn't comment as I have zero experience with either. I would imagine that the tfsi engine would be the more fun one as I'm a huge fan of turbo's engines. Only thing to consider there is difference in insurance.
Okay cool thanks! What do you drive ?

Last edited:
Okay cool thanks! What do you drive ?

20170317 193051

Slightly modified S3

Reactions: S. and KingxSniper
I tried both 1.6 FSI and 1.4 TFSI and was quick to choose the 1.4. The extra hp and turbo made a huge difference.

Here in Denmark the insurance is looking at engine size and not hp or turbo. So for me the 1.4 was cheaper than the 1.6.

I tried both 1.6 FSI and 1.4 TFSI and was quick to choose the 1.4. The extra hp and turbo made a huge difference.

Here in Denmark the insurance is looking at engine size and not hp or turbo. So for me the 1.4 was cheaper than the 1.6.
Cool! Any engine mods yet ? I would end up going for the 1.8 tfsi, because you can do more mods to the engine i presume and more fun!