1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi A3 8P Power Folding Mirror Coding

TorqueyDale May 23, 2020

1. TorqueyDale

TorqueyDale Registered User

Afternoon All,

This is my first thread, so bare with me if something is slightly wrong...

During the lockdown period I have retrofitted power folding mirrors to my 5dr A3 8P SB. I have sourced and fitted all the necessary parts including the 'P' spec door modules. The next step of this little project is to get them coded into the car. I have contacted my local VCDS dealer who has asked me to have the code ready for him. This is my first time dabbling into the coding side of any car, so I thought to seek some advice.

I have found the coding for the 8V which to my understanding is similar, but the 8P does not require coding to the CE? Is what I have found below correct for the 8P model?

Enabling Drivers Door Folding Mirror
    [42 - Door Elect. Driver]
    [Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 4 Bit -> 4 Change 0 to 1
    Or Check the box for "Foldable Mirrors Installed "

Enabling Passenger Door Folding Mirror
    [52 - Door Elect. Pass]
    [Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 4 Bit -> 4 Change 0 to 1
    Or Check the box for "Foldable Mirrors Installed "

On another note if anyone is interested in the process of installing these I'm happy to share what's worked and what's not worked.

Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

8V uses long coding, 8P is a collective number added together, vcds pops up the coding helper anyway to advise the numbers to add for features on each door.

TorqueyDale likes this.
  4. TorqueyDale

TorqueyDale Registered User

Thanks for the information, it sounds like it should be fairly intuitive then?

5. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

8V coding is nothing like the 8P as you have a mix of whats known as Long Coding and Adaptation channels for this retrofit. Waste of time following any 8V related information.

6. Mohamed Khalil

Mohamed Khalil Registered User

can active mirror folding with unlock car ?

7. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Depending on what you have in your car, ie door handle illunination, safe motor , pinch point etc will determine what your code would be . So once you open the module 42 go to coding and add up what you have in your car and type code into drivers side , then passengers aide ahould be 1 number less , my passengers is 0004734 , my drivers is but i couldn't see this code working as mine has be reprogrammed uaing Eeprom ( 0135804 ) mind i havr 3dr

8. shomi951

shomi951 Full Gas - Adidas

Can you please explain a little bit more regarding parts for this retrofit, what I need to buy and install how many parts?
    I have standard mirrors.

9. henkkeumus

henkkeumus Dutch Retrofitfanatic

shomi951 likes this.