Audi a3 8p facelift 2009 tail lamp reverse lights turn on as fog lights and fog lights as reverse

Hbk125pk

Reaction score
Any idea
Is it to do with coding ? Tried everything now, bulbs and lifts are in their genuine position

Did you mess with coding at all?

Reactions: Hbk125pk
Did you mess with coding at all?
Nah mate, not at all, I've only been into central electronics, didnt mess with anything I wasnt aware of and it's not that complicated as far as I am aware, unless previous owner messed up, to me it's looking ok, yes I do have another problem that may be related to that but not sure 100%, my drl/front parking lights wont trun on and dash lights wouldn't stop flickering since I replaced front fog lamps to leds but I've got rid of them few days after the problem started, all other lights are working fine, I've replaced bcm with new ones but problem stays as it is, changed the interior light switch but didnt help, changed drl bulbs so nothings working for me, need them on in order to get new mot so not sure if that's related to reverse lights and rear fog lamps, didnt notice when I bought the car, I'll send u coding in abit if u can double check for me pls
Much appreciate that

no warning lights on instrument cluster, no errors shown on central electrics either, sometimes does show front drl message

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_20210226-152106_OBDeleven.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20210226-152106_OBDeleven.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 81
Nah mate, not at all, I've only been into central electronics, didnt mess with anything I wasnt aware of and it's not that complicated as far as I am aware, unless previous owner messed up, to me it's looking ok, yes I do have another problem that may be related to that but not sure 100%, my drl/front parking lights wont trun on and dash lights wouldn't stop flickering since I replaced front fog lamps to leds but I've got rid of them few days after the problem started, all other lights are working fine, I've replaced bcm with new ones but problem stays as it is, changed the interior light switch but didnt help, changed drl bulbs so nothings working for me, need them on in order to get new mot so not sure if that's related to reverse lights and rear fog lamps, didnt notice when I bought the car, I'll send u coding in abit if u can double check for me pls
Much appreciate that
Hi, I’m curious as to if you found the cause of this issue? I have a s3 suffering from the exact same problem and I’ve been through pretty much everything including coding but no joy. I know this is a old thread but it’s the most recent one for this issue I can find and nobody seems to have found an answer.

You fitted leds to fogs, need a breakdown.