Audi A3 8P Comfort Control Module Location

Feezaan

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the forum so apologies if this is not the correct area to post this. I have a 2012 8P that has recently stopped allowing me to lock the car with the remote. I can unlock the car with the remote but will not lock. Also the boot will not open, with the remote or the button on the tailgate. When i did an ECU Scan with Carista, it under the Body/Convenience system it said ECU Not Present.
I am also getting fault codes 03396 supply voltage terminal 30 for central-locking
00927 terminal 30 (Right).
I have checked all the fuses and they seem fine.
Can anyone offer me any advice on the location or how to fix this issue?
To add to this when the car is switched on (ignition or started) the central locking works with the buttons on the drivers door.
The car can’t be locked using the remote;
When using key in the driver’s door, only that door locks; and
The bootlid can’t be opened with the remote or manually, it remains permanently locked.
Any help would be much appreciated.

It's under the passenger footwell I believe!

Reactions: Feezaan
Central electrics is found above the drivers footwell.

Check fuses on the end of the dash & under the hood.

Central electrics is found above the drivers footwell.

Check fuses on the end of the dash & under the hood.
I have checked all the fuses, twice actually to make sure i didnt miss any, and they seem fine.
The bootlid can’t be opened with the remote or manually, it remains permanently locked. however when I am in the car and have the ignition on it will lock and unlock all doors but not the boot :(

The module in mine (2004 1.6 3 door) is in the boot behind the trim, right hand side but behind the amp (i think it is anyway as had Bose stamped on it) and the reverse sensor module. Take the amp off its frame, this reveals the reverse sensor module take the frame holding this off and the CCM unit is on the other side of the reverse module.

I only know this as i switched mine over the weekend but it didn't cure my issue and now my fob doesn't lock or unlock my car, which i assume is just a sync issue.

I'm getting a drain as well as the central locking activating randomly while driving, interior light stays on (sometimes), reverse sensors don't beep and windows go fully down randomly. I have researched on forums before joining this one today in the hope that it was the CCM after finding a thread on here last week but i still have the random issues.

Going to get a multimeter on the fuses next to try and narrow it to a system.....

Audi 8P module locations from 7zap . I assume these will be in the same place for any A3/S3 8P but please dont shoot messenger
af7e1b6e88b2829311bbfbcbf539eb76.jpg
eb8eb0c64202af2fe5b05e65816c7086.jpg
b78d11382580f08a37bea7e3d9df58f9.jpg
ac554bed38f770417973e6e86f7c9d7f.jpg
48f0e5a099340c49673577871e063e00.jpg
bdb815380af40cc94164bd5d835dc841.jpg
7dfa3796cc034ea29a3eaa6f7c70630b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Could you tellmeif this was the fault as my 8p has exactly the same fault
Not cured my issue, my central locking still going off randomly but not as much now I have disconnected the deadlock switch on the drivers door.

Hi All,

I am new to the forum so apologies if this is not the correct area to post this. I have a 2012 8P that has recently stopped allowing me to lock the car with the remote. I can unlock the car with the remote but will not lock. Also the boot will not open, with the remote or the button on the tailgate. When i did an ECU Scan with Carista, it under the Body/Convenience system it said ECU Not Present.
I am also getting fault codes 03396 supply voltage terminal 30 for central-locking
To add to this when the car is switched on (ignition or started) the central locking works with the buttons on the drivers door.
The bootlid can’t be opened with the remote or manually, it remains permanently locked.
Any help would be much appreciated.
I had this exact same problem, changed the CCM to no avail and had DTC 00470 Combination concord databus in single wire. Removed the driver door loom and found damaged wires between the A post and door (these wires fatigue with repeated opening and closing of the doors over time). Repair looms are readily available or serviceable ones breakers yards. Good luck fixing it.

Attachments

• 40693296-C7F9-4EE9-B84F-1A9C6EA71A07.png
    40693296-C7F9-4EE9-B84F-1A9C6EA71A07.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 371
Hi All,

Any help would be much appreciated

CCM is located in the rear quarter beneath the boot side trim and mounted in a plastic bracket, relatively easy to access and change.