audi a3 8p coilovers

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hi there mate i know you prob get this all the time but ive noticed that there are two types of coilovers for my a3 50mm and 55mm struts how could i tell what mine are as im going to be buying some coilvers for her very soon and need to know thanks for any help you can give and can you give me a price for v-maxx coilovers for my car
oh ps its a 3 door 2004 1.6fsi sport incase you need to know
cheers
fran

Morning,

The best way to check and be sure is to either ring your local dealership with your registration and ask them to check on the system or put your wheels on full lock and measure it.

We can do the V-Maxx for £400.00 all in delivered for you.

Damian @ DPM Performance

ok damian i'll measure it sometime soon otherwise if im being a lazy git then i'll ring audi and ask them to do a check for me thanks very much for your help matey i'll shall let you know if im going to get them
regards
fran

hey guys i am thinking of getting v maxx collies aswell, what is the ride like compared with the s line suspension set up is there a major difference? I dont want to loose to much on the ride comfort and dont want the dash to be rattling after a week:unsure:

I have just bought an A3 tdi quattro 170 s line, the plan is a set of bbs ch wheels, some coil overs, black grill, leona lewis splitter and some yellow fogs (the car is dark grey) :)

Afternoon,

The V-Maxx coilovers are one of the more comfortable options available so with the S-Line having quite stiff suspension as standard, as long as you don't go too low on them then it shouldn't be too much stiffer.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Damien what offset of wheel would i get away with on the A3? I was looking at a set of wheels with a 42 offset and worried there may be a clash??

18 x 8 mate? was planning just swapping over my existing tyres over from my 18 x 7.5 s line wheels

hi mate i need some pointers , ive recently fitted v-maxx coilies like i said i was going to and now i have a knocknig from the rear suspension area nothing is loose checked everything is tight top mounts are all tight no movement in them at all the only thing i have noticed is that when i took the spring out to have a look at them today that the adjusters are very loose on the threads could this be where the noise is coming from when the adjusters are moving under load it sounds like metal on metal you see im going to wind them all the way so its as low as it can go tomorow so they are tight shut to see if this shuts it up , have you come across this before with coilovers or v-maxx in particular any help much appriciated mate
cheers
fran

hi damian i didnt order the kit from you unfortunatly ive now found out what was wrong i put the standard rear shocks back on and now there isnt a single noise from the rear , what do you think that cound mean new shocks are ******** or too much movement in the top mount caused by the new shock being very slightly smaller than the oem shock as ive been advised that it could be the problem as my mate has come across that before
cheers
fran