Audi A3 8P 2.0L TDI 59reg - Radio / locking fault

ryan_hudson

Reaction score
Hi, I have a issue when removing my key from the ignition. When I use to remove the key my radio would turn off and all the doors would unlock but this doesn’t happen now, the radio stays on and all the doors remain locked. I replaced the ignition switch about a year ago because I have having issues with the radio turning off while I was driving but there was never any issues with locking etc. The issue is related to my pulling the key out of the barrel so I’m not sure if there is another switch within the barrel that deals with that function. Hopefully someone has had the same fault and can help me out! TIA

Generally it's the ignition switch, I would try this again as it's much cheaper than a new barrel & barrel is a pain to swap tbh & had to be ordered from Audi Germany against your vin.

Reactions: ryan_hudson
Generally it's the ignition switch, I would try this again as it's much cheaper than a new barrel & barrel is a pain to swap tbh & had to be ordered from Audi Germany against your vin.
Nice one, I did order a eBay special ignition switch so I wouldn’t be surprised if it has only last a year

I was going to say, but I thought benefit of the......