Audi A3 8p 1.6 petrol Exhaust options :(?

AudiA38p

Reaction score
Hi.

I've read a few posts mentioning it's not worth tuning a 1.6 which is fair however i want to put an exhaust on it to make it sound a little more decent. As an 18 year old not too fussed about power especially on U.K. roads anyway.

I have a few questions as it's my first car..

1. If i added a cherry bomb muffler would it sound too much like a waste racer boy car or ? What exhaust or a muffler is decent for a reasonable price .. the cherry bomb is extremely cheap

2. If i want to lower the car what price am i. looking at roughly and what needs to be done

3. the K&n air performance filter, do you need to buy the whole kit or would the cone be decent on my current air intake kit

1) Don't bother - will sound like a fart :p

2) Entierly depends on your budget - can go just go for lowering springs for £200-300

3) I also wouldn't waste money on this :)

1) Don't bother - will sound like a fart :p

2) Entierly depends on your budget - can go just go for lowering springs for £200-300

3) I also wouldn't waste money on this :)

Would it not sound a little better than it does now, right now it's very boring

alwomt

also anyone know of any good mufflers that aren't too loud such as the sportex ones? can i just stick on a muffler to my current standard exhaust?

also anyone know of any good mufflers that aren't too loud such as the sportex ones? can i just stick on a muffler to my current standard exhaust?

One easy way would be to just remove one of the mufflers it has and that might make it sound a bit better. If you are thinking of changing the mufflers you will have to cut the pipe anyways

Audis are supposed to be boring, just leave everything as it is. At your age i would my spending my dosh on enjoying my self.