AUDI A3 - 53 Plate, 2.0 TDI 140PS - Headlight Failure - Led sidelight

linksmiters

Reaction score
Hi all currently new to the site and just wondering if anyone would be able to help with a problem that my friend is having with his audi.

First off, my friend decided to install some aftermarket headlights "100w Xeonon's" in a Audi thats original bulbs are 55w , he was told it isnt a big issue and it shouldn't really relate to his problem but i think otherwise, he also installed some aftermarket LED side lights that were obviously not CAN-BUS friendly as the warning light tends to come on.

The right headlight currently runs the - 100w bulb in the main headlight fine , the high beams work fine , the sidelight did work... but now doesnt.
The left headlight current runs the - 100w bulb in the main headlight not working, the high beam bizarly works , the sidelight tended to flicker but now doesnt work at all...

Took the sidelight bulbs out and put the original audi ones in these did not work.
Took the headlight bulbs out and put the original audi ones in these also did not work.
None of these bulbs were blowned.

We have checked the fuses in the engine bay , is there anymore fuses we should be checking before taking it to the autoelectrics ? Or if anyone has any idea what could of happend , fuse blown , shortage , fried wires ... Would be great help Thank you !!! (Will get some pictures after he has finished work).

There's a fuse panel on the end of the dash, you have to open the door & prise it slowly, to which it pops off, check in there aswell.

You shouldnt be sticking twice the wattage bulbs into the headlights anyway, for one its illegal & 2 it will **** up other system potentially as the module that feeds these basically runs almost everyother system on the car & once thats gone, car isnt going anywhere & its £260 part alone.