Audi A3 35tfsi auto no electric seats

Reaction score
Hiya, is anyone else have the 35 tfsi auto that didn’t come with electric seats? It seems to be a common problem even though, the Configurator said that it would come with electric seats but without memory function

also anyone got issue with dash warning lights appearing? Things like pre sense not workin, Lane dapsrture warning not working, battery fault?

this man experiencing the same

I’m pretty sure that I read in a review somewhere that the cars with auto boxes - at least the early builds- can’t be fitted with electric seats because the battery and inverter for the mild hybrid system are underneath and there’s not enough room when the more expensive seats are fitted.

Reactions: Mryolon
Write to Audi UK MD. I have had issues with new cars and other defective products in past to do with quality, warranty etc. Escalating to the top has worked for me, always been polite and explained the issues in a clear and detailed way. Don`t ask don`t get

Good luck

Reactions: auzzam_crd
I also have manual seats but there is the big battery for the MHEV so I agree this is probably why. Doesn't bother me!

I have had errors on the dash, presense failure, electronics failure, tyre pressure system failures.

Took it into Audi who cleared them and is sending off the diagnostics to Audi Germany for analysis.

I've read a few people have the same issue, something to do with a contact sensor?

Since Audi cleared the errors they have not appeared as much, I don't know if they did anything while it was in other than clear them off.

Keep us updated on your issues.

Hey guys, it's Auzzam (the guy from the above video)

Glad to see it's made its way here, please share as widely as possible as Audi have lied to customers up to this point telling lots of people there is no error.

I have given them 5 working days before I go public and reveal the true extent of everything going on.

In the meantime, please assume like I've said we 100% should of had these seats and it has nothing to do with us having the mhev or being stronic. It's also no coincidence that the listing was taken down after I went public - after wrongfully being told the car did not come with it.

Stay safe guys, hope my first Audi experience brightens up

Oh and shameless plug time, please subscribe to the channel as we will be posting more a3 content ;) - hopefully back to the features

Reactions: NIKLDN
Hey guys, it's Auzzam (the guy from the above video)

Glad to see it's made its way here, please share as widely as possible as Audi have lied to customers up to this point telling lots of people there is no error.

I have given them 5 working days before I go public and reveal the true extent of everything going on.

In the meantime, please assume like I've said we 100% should of had these seats to start with and it's no coincidence that the listing was taken down after I went public.)

Stay safe guys, hope my first Audi experience brightens up

Oh and shameless plug time, please subscribe to the channel as we will be posting more a3 content ;) - hopefully back to the features

Sounds a little dramatic? I'm pretty sure I was an early adopter of the A3 and from the start it was clear that the seats would be manual for MHEV versions.

As for the errors, with all new products problems can arise and Audi will fix these as part of their warranty just give them time to work it out.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Hey buddy, totally understand what you mean. I too was told (by a salesman) it was mhev related. That's why I never pushed on it too much. (And actually guttingly accepted as an oversight on my part)

It's only when I really pushed them on the misleading wording on their website that they have come out and admitted the earlier cars had the wrong seats put in there.

Now that completely voids the mhev argument of Audi, and they have admitted the first few cars had the wrong seats.

That's why I think it's important to get everyone on the same page - because of our cars were supposed to have electric seats as standard, then that's what we should have.

As for the software issues, yeah I can understand it happens with most new cars, but interested how wide spread it is.

Hey buddy, totally understand what you mean. I too was told (by a salesman) it was mhev related. That's why I never pushed on it too much. (And actually guttingly accepted as an oversight on my part)

It's only when I really pushed them on the misleading wording on their website that they have come out and admitted the earlier cars had the wrong seats put in there.

Now that completely voids the mhev argument of Audi, and they have admitted the first few cars had the wrong seats.

That's why I think it's important to get everyone on the same page - because of our cars were supposed to have electric seats as standard, then that's what we should have.

As for the software issues, yeah I can understand it happens with most new cars, but interested how wide spread it is.

Do you have a spec that shows the electric seats from when you ordered?

Yep, it was all on their website up to 2-3 days ago where they've now removed the car and wording. Please see below all we should be missing is memory function on the seats and mirror.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114_055733_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114_055733_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 321
I've been told by the dealer that Audi are aware of the issue and working with my dealer to find a resolution. At the same time I'm going to stress that the electrical issues are fixed.

That's great, glad it's helped buddy.

Like I said they were telling people that everything was fine previously.

I myself do not like that we live in a world we're the only way to get acknowledgement is by sharing it socially.

But at least it's forced all of Audi to get on the same page.

Best of luck with the resolution, hoping they can give us the electric seats.

Reactions: quattrorally
That's great, glad it's helped buddy.

Like I said they were telling people that everything was fine previously.

I myself do not like that we live in a world we're the only way to get acknowledgement is by sharing it socially.

But at least it's forced all of Audi to get on the same page.

Best of luck with the resolution, hoping they can give us the electric seats.

knowing Audi you’ll get refunded the cost - they’re not in the habit of changing things and I don’t suppose it’s a case of just bolting them in and then plugging them in

knowing Audi you’ll get refunded the cost - they’re not in the habit of changing things and I don’t suppose it’s a case of just bolting them in and then plugging them in

What do you think is a fair amount for the difference between electric and manual seats?

What do you think is a fair amount for the difference between electric and manual seats?

Difficult to say - the cost to add them is £1150 plus you have to add lumber at £260
Do you have the lumbar on your car

They won’t offer you that as that’s not what it costs them - probably about £600 you could push for some extra and see if they play ball with their goodwill

Hey! I just got my new A3 Saloon Edition, 35 TFSI Stronic, 1 a week ago. I too was expecting electric seats....but just not with memory function as it stated in the Configurator. It still states this on their website. I noticed the manual seats and the dealer said Electric Seats was not for the Stronic only the Manual. Sure enough when he brought up on the Audi website the final spec of the 35 TFSI Stronic it doesn't state electric seats. But if you choose the Manual it does.
When you look at the Edition 1 specs in addition to the S-line it still says it has electric seats.

I also have an electronic issue with my car. I got a SOS Call malfunction as shown in the pic. I was on the phone via bluetooth handsfree and my friend on the call said there was intermittent static on the line. Then I got the SOS Call warning and MMI re-initialised a few times. The warning message dissapeared after a couple of days.
I took it to the dealer and they ran an update and checked it and said there was nothing wrong.
But it happened again today. :(

Attachments

• PXL_20201114_162949113.jpg
    PXL_20201114_162949113.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 369
Is this a case of them messing up at a manufacturing level, or did someone just use to much copy and paste in the configurator and include features which were never intended?

With the electrical issues, as frustrating as it is, I guess that’s why it’s not always a great idea to be first to get V1.0 of a new model.

Is this a case of them messing up at a manufacturing level, or did someone just use to much copy and paste in the configurator and include features which were never intended?

With the electrical issues, as frustrating as it is, I guess that’s why it’s not always a great idea to be first to get V1.0 of a new model.

It’s a manufacturing error as I understand that the current builds are now correct

It’s a manufacturing error as I understand that the current builds are now correct
Fair enough, hopefully a suitable resolution can be found for those affected.

I’ve been involved with a few projects over the years where someone has ballsed up either the sales material or the configurator and the company has had to eat a sh**t sandwich to make things right.

I've got a call tomorrow with my dealer to discuss so will see what happens.

Is the A3 Stronic MHEV capable of having electric seats then or not!? I know the battery is there but does that stop them from putting them in or no?

I don't want my car pulled apart just to put it right, and I don't think there is any value in having the cash value of it.

Awkward.

Whatever technical reasons for having and not having electric seats aside, am not fully up to spec on the platform as my attention is elsewhere, these cars are still less than 6 months old right? Reject the car maybe....

Let us know what they come back with. The mhev doesnt matter as they're building the cars with electric seats now going forwards and have admitted the first batch of cars was wrong.

My build week was 04/09/2020 was yours earlier than this?

I doubt they're going to offer a retrofit service as there's too much involved. Eager to see what they come back to you with.

I'm still waiting on them...

Our build week was around the same time. To be honest rejecting or replacing are the only two options that sit will with me but I'll see how things go with the dealer.

I feel exactly the same bud, it's one thing having the missing seats it's another being lied to about it for months.

Hope I've earned a new subscriber :)

Let us know how you get on tomorrow

Thanks
Auzzam

I don't think anyone has been telling lies, I just think it's so new they haven't decided what to do yet so there's no official communication.

I've heard that the internal systems at the dealerships are suggesting Audi will be offering the cash value of the seats in way of a refund/settlement, thankfully I'm still within the rejection period and the garage is happy to replace my vehicle.

Thanks buddy, I'm guessing if our build dates were the same you're then referring to the 6 month rejection period?

Have your dealership agreed to replace the car?

Would you mind sharing which dealer this is so we can ensure we are not offered different things. (Feel free to PM me - I couldn't find the option for it on the forum lol. Or email me at auzzam_crd@hotmail.com)

They have offered £900 reimbursement from Audi (not the dealer) for the seats. The other option for us would be to reject the car as it's so new and order a replacement.

I feel like £900 is fair, and the difference between a 2nd hand car same spec less electric seats is £200 so we are winning with £900 if we are not that bothered about electric seats and can live without them.

I wanted to get others' thoughts on this it's just electric seats, don't use them that often.

Thanks Kllberz, appreciate the updates. Just to confirm, was it Audi UK who made you the offer of £900 or car replacement?

I think thats a fair price for electric seats as it costs roughly £400 on the european websites to only equip the driver side with electrics.

Depends if you can live without the seats, I think I would want to understand the replacement process. If we are able to keep our car until the new one is ready - I think I personally would go for that.

All the best.

Auzzam (CRD)

Thanks Kllberz, appreciate the updates. Just to confirm, was it Audi UK who made you the offer of £900 or car replacement?

I think thats a fair price for electric seats as it costs roughly £400 on the european websites to only equip the driver side with electrics.

Depends if you can live without the seats, I think I would want to understand the replacement process. If we are able to keep our car until the new one is ready - I think I personally would go for that.

All the best.

Auzzam (CRD)

I think Audi UK made the offer to the dealer to pass on to me. The replacement option would be within my normal consumer rights and be dealt with by me rejecting the vehicle and placing an order with the dealer for the same vehicle, I'd stay in the current one until the new one is delivered then just swap over all the paperwork.

I've had my vehicle a week and I have < 280 miles on the clock so I'm in a good place to reject it under the pretence that it was not built to spec and is wrong on their part. This is valid and possible.

However, if you did a replacement and reject yours and a no-deal Brexit happens.. any customs or import tax that is added as a result would mean the consumer would have to pick these costs up. This could be 10% of the value of the order.

With all of this in mind, I'd be thinking of taking the £900.

What do you think?

Kindest,

I think Audi UK made the offer to the dealer to pass on to me. The replacement option would be within my normal consumer rights and be dealt with by me rejecting the vehicle and placing an order with the dealer for the same vehicle, I'd stay in the current one until the new one is delivered then just swap over all the paperwork.

I've had my vehicle a week and I have < 280 miles on the clock so I'm in a good place to reject it under the pretence that it was not built to spec and is wrong on their part. This is valid and possible.

However, if you did a replacement and reject yours and a no-deal Brexit happens.. any customs or import tax that is added as a result would mean the consumer would have to pick these costs up. This could be 10% of the value of the order.

With all of this in mind, I'd be thinking of taking the £900.

What do you think?

Kindest,
TBF the offer of £900 is very reasonable from Audi as usually there is small print stating depending on country/model the specification can be different.
As far as I know if you do reject the car then you can not use the car. You would be responsible for keeping the car safe until collected/returned to the dealer.
I would take the cash mate and enjoy your new car.

TBF the offer of £900 is very reasonable from Audi as usually there is small print stating depending on country/model the specification can be different.
As far as I know if you do reject the car then you can not use the car. You would be responsible for keeping the car safe until collected/returned to the dealer.
I would take the cash mate and enjoy your new car.

Dealer said I could stay in current one and drive it, but even still I think the hassle involved the £900 is fair and probs the option we will lean towards.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Dealer said I could stay in current one and drive it, but even still I think the hassle involved the £900 is fair and probs the option we will lean towards.

As mentioned previously I have exactly the same issue.
I also have electronic faults which in the short term are more of a stress to me and I would like rectified. My car is a week old.
I don't want to return the vehicle if possible and if Audi can sort the seat and electrics issue.

As mentioned previously I have exactly the same issue.
I also have electronic faults which in the short term are more of a stress to me and I would like rectified. My car is a week old.
I don't want to return the vehicle if possible and if Audi can sort the seat and electrics issue.
Electric seats are almost as useless as a ashtray on a motorbike take the £900 bangers....
As for all the other small glitches spoken of in this thread.....what do expect .....all early production models from all manufacturers suffer similar issues....and l am sure they will be resolved asap

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sparks43
Electric seats are almost as useless as a ashtray on a motorbike take the £900 bangers....
As for all the other small glitches spoken of in this thread.....what do expect .....all early production models from all manufacturers suffer similar issues....and l am sure they will be resolved asap

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Agreed!

agreed with the electrical faults, I think most new models with completley new components would have error. This will easily be resolved under warranty so we shouldnt worry about that too much.

@Kllberz, just to be clear the dealer has offered to replace your current car - and allow you to drive the existing one until that arrives? (probably May onwards I'm guessing).

I would understand if you don't want to, but I think it might be good to share this so others are aware of what is being agreed and have something to compare against.

Thanks for your help so far!

agreed with the electrical faults, I think most new models with completley new components would have error. This will easily be resolved under warranty so we shouldnt worry about that too much.

@Kllberz, just to be clear the dealer has offered to replace your current car - and allow you to drive the existing one until that arrives? (probably May onwards I'm guessing).

I would understand if you don't want to, but I think it might be good to share this so others are aware of what is being agreed and have something to compare against.

Thanks for your help so far!

What my dealer is offering to do for me could be different from what other dealers are prepared to do, but I don't know. I would advise other people to speak with their dealer and come to a resolution with them.

I'm sharing my experience here but that's as far as I'm prepared to take it, I don't feel like this is a big issue. My local dealer and Audi have been very clear with me and fair. If you are not having the same experience then that is unfortunate. I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: Fred_T and Jcbmally
No problem, completely understandable as you will be honouring your agreement with them.

Glad I was able to bring this to your attention and you will be justly compensated.

All the best bud, glad to be part of this community

What my dealer is offering to do for me could be different from what other dealers are prepared to do, but I don't know. I would advise other people to speak with their dealer and come to a resolution with them.

I'm sharing my experience here but that's as far as I'm prepared to take it, I don't feel like this is a big issue. My local dealer and Audi have been very clear with me and fair. If you are not having the same experience then that is unfortunate. I wish you the best of luck!

My local dealer and Audi customer service have been great with me so far, regularly contacting me with updates. My next update is expected on Monday, and I initially told them my expectations were to either have them retro-fitted or to have a new car.. Audi were honest and said it probably won't be likely to be retro-fitted due to all new wiring being needed - so it will be interesting to see what other options they come to me with.

I plan to give my car back to Audi in a few years and get a new one, so also not sure how much of an issue I feel this is, especially if I'm confronted with an offer of a fair amount of monetary compensation like this..

My local dealer and Audi customer service have been great with me so far, regularly contacting me with updates. My next update is expected on Monday, and I initially told them my expectations were to either have them retro-fitted or to have a new car.. Audi were honest and said it probably won't be likely to be retro-fitted due to all new wiring being needed - so it will be interesting to see what other options they come to me with.

I plan to give my car back to Audi in a few years and get a new one, so also not sure how much of an issue I feel this is, especially if I'm confronted with an offer of a fair amount of monetary compensation like this..

At first, I wanted to replace the vehicle for what I had ordered, however, after thinking about it I'm in agreement with the majority on here.... it's not stopping me from doing anything, and the resale value will be far less than the £900 offered.

Reactions: Jcbmally