Audi A3 3.2 Dsg Flashing PRNDS

Arnie

Reaction score
Website
www.polishbikers.com
I have drove to MOT garage today and everything was fine. After it faild MOT (not working rear belt - got stuck only - and split velocity gaiter - £70 fix) on the way home I got my DSG gearbox flashing. All gears PRNDS are flashing and it doesnt show what mode DSG is in.

When moved to P it is back to normal, then to D or S is ok but after 10s it flashes again.

I have managed to read error code 00194

Anyone has got any ideas whats the problem? I read online that flashing DSG is mechatronic issue but car drives without any issues.

Confused :S

Could be raft of things, does it change up and down on the paddles and manual with the stick ?

00194 - Ignition Key Removal Lock: Implausible Signal

Possible Causes

• Communication Failure with Gear Selector Module
  • Selector Lever (E313) faulty
  • Tiptronic Buttons (F189) in Selector Lever (E313) faulty
Possible Solutions

• Check Communication with Gear Selector Module
  • Check Selector Lever (E313)
    • Check Measuring Value Block (MVB) in Transmission Control Module
  • Check Tiptronic Buttons (F189) in Selector Lever (E313)
    • Check Measuring Value Block (MVB) in Transmission Control Module
Special Notes

Last edited:
The gear unit has a little microswitch which the lever sits over when in P, this can go faulty sometimes due to dirt, dust etc, so makes car think its in P even though its in drive modes, so cluster etc gets very confused & starts to flash, best to remove the gear surround trim, stick it in S with car not started of course, so you have access to the P position area, then push the microswitch down a few hundred times to see if that helps to clear any crap, see if it clears the problem, did for me.

Flashing gears in dis are also inherrant of a dsg module issue, but atm I dont think this is your problem & only worry when gear changes & use show problems.

Reactions: TweetyBlu
The gear unit has a little microswitch which the lever sits over when in P, this can go faulty sometimes due to dirt, dust etc, so makes car think its in P even though its in drive modes, so cluster etc gets very confused & starts to flash, best to remove the gear surround trim, stick it in S with car not started of course, so you have access to the P position area, then push the microswitch down a few hundred times to see if that helps to clear any crap, see if it clears the problem, did for me.

Flashing gears in dis are also inherrant of a dsg module issue, but atm I dont think this is your problem & only worry when gear changes & use show problems.

Warning

Old thread revival

This sounds like my problem I have just started getting when moving from manual + & - to d my dis starts to flash but when in manual it drives and changes fine also the paddles work fine. The micro switch is this replaceable on its own.

Well you only asked 1 question mate, so thats a No answer lol.

Hello guys,

yesterday this error popped on my dash, after i used vcds i've noticed the same error code but dispite the flashing prnds my car drives very well. What can i start to investigate? It would be a silly question: but can it be something wrong with the mechatronic?
I've also checked the 0001 measuring block from auto trans and there is a field called: Error byte from selector lever . The default value is 0 in P position but after i change the lever to any other position it pops 1 and shortly after prnds starts flashing.

Any advise is well apreciated.

THX

Read the whole thread

Reactions: RS3dan
NHN thanks for the reply i've rad it but my car runs and changes gears.

LE: i will try to do what toy mentioned.

THX

strange enough when i've started the car today and drove for about 3 hours the error did not popped up in the dash board. anyway yesterday evening i did a login and the errors are:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 02E-300-0xx.lbl
Part No SW: 02E 300 041 A HW: 02E 927 770 AD
Component: GSG DSG 041 0821
Revision: 04004010 Serial number: 00000503030396
Coding: 0000020
Shop #: WSC 01279 785 00200
VCID: 102F56CB0396A89E043-8045

1 Fault Found:
00194 - Ignition Key Removal Lock
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 8P0-953-549.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 953 549 HW: 8P0 953 549
Component: Lenksäulenmodul H11 0020
Coding: 0011112
Shop #: WSC 06435 000 00000
VCID: FBF59167BA103BC6411-80AE

Subsystem 1 - Part No: XXXXXXXXXXX
Component: Lenkradmodul H04 0040

1 Fault Found:
02413 - Switch for Selector Lever Position P Lock (F319)

As Nigel advised i've cleaned up the switch below the lever trim. Hope this helped if not and the module is gone i've sourced one from a scrape yard here in Bucharest having the pr code: 1T1 713 025 AD. Does any of you know if it will fit? My car is a 2005 2.0 tdi BKD.

THX

The gear unit has a little microswitch which the lever sits over when in P, this can go faulty sometimes due to dirt, dust etc, so makes car think its in P even though its in drive modes, so cluster etc gets very confused & starts to flash, best to remove the gear surround trim, stick it in S with car not started of course, so you have access to the P position area, then push the microswitch down a few hundred times to see if that helps to clear any ****, see if it clears the problem, did for me.

Ca you please point me to where this microswitch is? I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Under the gear lever when you press the button in, when in park position, you can also see/get too when in other positions, you have to remove gear unit display & leather gaitor to check this.

If its not this then its your mech unit problematic.

I've had this problem in the past and it went away after I've cleaned the surroundings.
But still I can't see the switch, does it have a particular color?

You need to get a torch in there, its a tiny black headed piece of plastic, which clicks when pressed.

Strangely this happened after 6months of not starting the car

So I managed to find it, indeed its small and covered in a rubber that theoretically should protect it against dirt, I've pressed for abound 30 times and now it works. Thanks again for the help!

So I managed to find it, indeed its small and covered in a rubber that theoretically should protect it against dirt, I've pressed for abound 30 times and now it works. Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: NHN
Sorry to revive this old thread but I gotta say thanks for this. I thought I needed a new gearbox / mechatronic unit. Quick fix, PRNDS flashing gone, saved my *** :D

This is the switch. You can see it better when the selector is in S.

20191211 053503

My intermittent issue is now more frequent. Looking into getting the whole selector assembly replaced.

No need to swap out selector, that's expensive, just find a used one & swap the Microswitch out, fiddly but doable.

Glad my input helped you guys.

Strangely this happened after 6months of not starting the car

Understandable tbh as it's been depressed all that time, so possibly stayed down.

Halfords electrical contact cleaner works wonders....

No need to swap out selector, that's expensive, just find a used one & swap the Microswitch out, fiddly but doable.

Glad my input helped you guys.

Is this even possible in situ? Figured with the ballache and £££ of getting the shift assembly out, may as well change it for a new one.

New one is £500 or more iirc, so taking out & fitting a used Microswitch is your best bet.

Thanks NHN. Got quotes on the shift assembly being that much, as I cant diy I will have to add in labour as well.

Didnt use the car for a week and the PRNDS flash has stopped for now when I drove it today. Go figure.

Whereabouts are you located?

It does this, it will return at some point.

Whereabouts are you located?

It does this, it will return at some point.

Went whole hog and got the selector replaced. It's nice and tight now, no more PRNDS flash so far so fingers crossed. If it ain't that its new Mechatronics time which I will just wait for it to totally fail first. Will put aside the £££ for if it does.

Hi
I had the same problem with a golf with DTC below
1 Fault Found:
02413 - Switch for Selector Lever Position P Lock (F319)

Found switch for selector lever position switch stuck down. tried to lubricate switch but did not work.
Next i removed the dust cover around the micro switch and now fixed.
used a pick to remove dust cover been good now for 4 weeks.
thanks
Gary
hope this will help you out.
184310-0b906a7d1ae3552adbf37b398e29ba1a.jpg

Attachments

• uhv.jpg
    uhv.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 6,010
Well done, but be warned, with that cover removed, it quite possibly will become stuck again easily as debri etc will now access easier, best be is to replace that switch tbh, hope it doesn't go again tbh as it's fun to replace.

Hi guys, I also have same issue with my 2006 Jetta DSG PRNDS Flashing permanently. I'm going to try all of your brilliant ideas...
One thing I notice if I shift to N mode switch off ignition I CAN REMOVE THE KEY to the ignition switch, is this normal or something related to the fault 00194 IGNITION KEY REMOVAL LOCK IMPLAUSIBLE SIGNA? Thanks and appreciate...

If the microswitch is faulty, it will present different behaviour on the key lock.

Reactions: Euroltd