Audi A3 2016 Emissions Control Light Flashing + Start/Stop not available?

AudiA3B

Reaction score
Hello.

A3 1.4 2016 Facelift sline.

Was driving at 30mph in 6th gear and the Emissions Control Light started flashing for maybe 10 seconds.

The Emissions Control Light stopped flashing after I went down to 4th and accelerated. It didn't come back on during the couple of mile to my house.

A few seconds after the Emissions Control Light stopped flashing, I got a notice on the dashboard that the start/stop system had a fault and was not available?

I restarted the car at my house and the Emissions Control Light went out as normal after engine start but the start/stop system still has a fault and it still unavailable?

Does this sound familiar? Is there a probably cause?

Car didn't feel sluggish and it still pulled well, idles well and starts ok.

Thanks for any pointers.

Your driving 30mph in 6th Gear?
I do my MPH in gears

0-10 = 1st
10-20 = 2nd
30-40 = 3rd / 4th
40-50 = 4th / 5th
50+ 6th Gear

Reactions: Neil C
Depends how I'm driving, if I want a bit of fun I'll push it to 4-5000rpm
But a nice casual drive, I'll change gear as it approaches 2000rpm
Obviously if your in 6th on the motorway, you will be above 2500 - 3000rpm

Check the state of your battery. If it's the original one it may be failing, which can cause these sorts of issues. After changing my battery last year, the dashboard was initially lit up like a Christmas tree with loads of warnings about systems being offline, which mostly vanished after a few seconds of driving. However, it took about half an hour of driving for the Stop/Start system to reset itself. Since then, it kicks in SO quickly after setting off, you tend to forget what it was like when the car was new.

Depends how I'm driving, if I want a bit of fun I'll push it to 4-5000rpm
But a nice casual drive, I'll change gear as it approaches 2000rpm
Obviously if your in 6th on the motorway, you will be above 2500 - 3000rpm

In a diesel ?

At 70mph, in 6th gear. my 2.0 TDi 150 sits at 1800 rpm.
Is there something wrong with your gearbox ?