Audi A3 2012 Battery Charging Issues

JackBundle

Reaction score
Hi guys

Been having real trouble with this one and its costing me a fortune... just wondering if anyone can shed some light or give me some pointers please!

My car has been having electrical problems for the past 6 months now, myself and local mechanics cannot find a solution.

The long and short of it is that the battery is dying, and will not charge when the car is running. This causes the car to run for around 2/3 hours before things start turning off.. air bags, power steering etc etc.

I have had a 2 new batteries, a new alternator, new wires run from the alternator to the battery, new negative terminals installed.

More recently we have discussed the problem maybe coming from the voltage regulator, this device is faulty and therefore allowing the battery to die without requesting power from the alternator. Are there any other electrical components that I may have not considered?

I have attached the notes from the local mechanic, i'm not the most technical guy so it was a bit of a tough read but maybe someone here would be so kind to help me out.

Cars were much easier before all these electrical components!

Thanks in advance everyone. Really appreciate any comments on this.

FYI - Car is now at an AUDI Garage and they are insisting on going through every single step (and changing every part along the way) regardless of the reports i've given to them in the past, and its not cheap!

Ta
Jack

Attachments

• Notes on Audi A3 Charging fault.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 66
Since now its in the good hands off the stealers all u can do is allow them to do there do and hopefully find and aort ur problem out , myself if they fix it i would request a detailed report on what the problem was and where it stemed from. As to Audi's cost they are very expensive but thats the price u have to pay when u buy an Audi am sorry to say , even pieces off plastic can cost u in the region off £90 inc Vat as i have found out as i only needed 1 drivers fog grille for my S3 8p .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Tbh if there's no comms with regulator, then gateway or regulator or wiring are the issue, something's amiss unless another module is affecting the signals, but the info is fairly comprehensive thus far, I'd be swapping out modules tbh, gateway doesn't look like it's been done, is there a thin wiring connection on the top of the battery?

If you were nearer then I could take it on, as usually I find the issues & fix.