audi a3 2009 2.0 TDI CBB fuel pump not priming, long crank when cold

valverjam

Reaction score
Good evening

I have an awful long crank on the car when cold, been like this for a while, no fuel pump prime can be heard on door opening or when ignition is turned on.

In tank fuel pump replaced and have scanned on VCDS, loads of faults on central locking and my drivers door has stopped unlocking off the remote so I'm guessing that's why there is no prime on door opening as it doesn't know its open, but i cant work out why it doesn't prime with ignition on??

I have manually primed the pump through VCDS and it runs fine, just cant get it to prime any other way.

Does anyone know the fuel pump relay number under the steering wheel/dash?? or have a wiring diagram to hand? searched loads but cant find this out.

help appreciated.

Jam

I finally got around to replacing 2 of my door modules this year (including the driver's door) as they had been faulty for ages. However, the fault did not cause poor starting at all. I would start with some simple basics like a fuel filter change - they often get overlooked. Audi say every 40,000 miles.