Audi a3 2005 2.0 tdi bkd sticky Clutch

Kamemh

Reaction score
Clutch sticks half way sometimes when changing gears. Doesnt affect the drive just need to flick it back up with my foot. Also has progressed to first and reverse gear can be hard to put in sometimes.

Fluid leak somewhere?

I had this on a landrover and it was fluid leaking from A pipe

On my car it was due to the clutch being worn out and the clutch slave cylinder was leaking. As you say your car is driving fine take a look at the slave cylinder

Reactions: abmat
Any possibility it could be flywheeel issue or clutch master cylinder?

i doubt it's a flywheel issue. you would feel vibrations on the clutch pedal also it would feel like a slipping clutch, if you had a problem you would hear it coming from the flywheel area of the engine bay even out of gear.

check behind your clutch peddle with a torch to see if any fluid is leaking.

Thanks no fluid leak behind pedal and no flywheel symptoms as above

Watch the video below and re-shim the gearbox, easy to do and you’ll only lose about a teaspoon of oil, I’ve done 3 so far and it’s worked on them all, even on one with an intermittent sticky pedal on the way up / loss of half the clutch pedal when pressed, make sure you get the correct parts as there’s different size caps. Cost you about £10-15 in parts.

Reactions: Kamemh
Mine was the main bearing in the gearbox as well, mechanic fixed it by inserting something into the gearbox, I assume what the guy in the video above did.

Definitely the main bearing I did this myself took about 10 mins to do and you only need to remove the passenger wheel to gain access to the cap.
Once removed the bearing will probably move a lot
Darkside developments do a shim kit you need to measure the diameter of the black cap you have on yours as there is two sizes and they will send you a new cap in the kit fit as many as the shins as possible so the bearing has no play in it.
It should feel like a new gearbox all together

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...gearbox-input-shaft-shim-kit-and-end-cap.html

Reactions: aqibi2000 and Kamemh
Do you know part numbers and will this work on 02Q gearbox. Seen lots of 02M gearbox fixes but not many 02Q

Do you know part numbers and will this work on 02Q gearbox. Seen lots of 02M gearbox fixes but not many 02Q
Look on the link I have put this will tell you everything on the site

Thanks guys gearbox shim fixed the sticky clutch problem! Feels like new saved me on new flywheel and clutch that garage was saying

Reactions: Jimbo.King