aran

Reaction score
when the car is cold it is working perfect
when it gets hot to normal temperature the gears get jumpy
In low gears sometimes causes the wheels to skid
please help me to understand what i can do
gearbox service or complete replace?

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by the symptoms being heat related I'd say it's an issue with the oil so an oil & filter change on the gearbox maybe a good idea. Good luck.

thanks I should be getting it done will update

Reactions: silestanix
@aran, I’ve moved your thread to the correct section of the forum.

I’ve also made the assumption that when you typed “greats”, you meant “gears”.

Welcome to Audisport.net. :)

i am still having this problem when cold it's perfect once the car warms up to 90 normal temperature that's when the gears become a bit jumpy jerky if i keep driving then it starts to skid the tyres with a hard jerk when it changes gear

i havent done so yet as i cant find a proper mechanic an audi charge an arm an a leg to change it. i been told these cars valve body could be the source of the problem

Let's get this straight mate: Oil and filter are incredibly cheap compared to anything else regarding gearbox.

Reactions: leshkin
oil for the gearbox from audi is costing me 100 for 6 ltrs and the filter is 47

oil for the gearbox from audi is costing me 100 for 6 ltrs and the filter is 47
Smith and Allan for the oil well under £50 delivered for 6l, then febi bilstein filter is under £15 delivered. Look at the pinned topics there's a guide to changing it, looks an easy enough diy. I'm planning on doing mine in the next few weeks

i got the gearbox serviced but it still jerks alot less than before and if i keep the heating on bringing the car temp lower it stops jerking What else can it be?

i got the gearbox serviced but it still jerks alot less than before and if i keep the heating on bringing the car temp lower it stops jerking What else can it be?
thanks for the help with the oils of where to buy

when the car is cold it is working perfect
when it gets hot to normal temperature the gears get jumpy
In low gears sometimes causes the wheels to skid
please help me to understand what i can do
gearbox service or complete replace?

dear friend,do you fix this problem?i have exactly the same problem.i highly appreciated if you can help me

the auto gearbox is a nightmare in the audi ive had an ongoing problem with mine .. had 2 oil changes and filters and a new mechatronic unit and still in jerks ...

when the car is cold it is working perfect but when it gets hot to normal temperature the gears get jumpy. I changed gear oil and filter but still the same problem, anyone have any recommendation, please?