Audi A3 2.0TFSI

Ted Lindsay

Reaction score
Hello so my 2006 A3 2.0TfSi on throttle sounds like a wasps (I guess) sound coming from the turbo , is that a normal noise or ? And I have noticed that oil is dripping somewhere down the turbo side, do we think that could be a possible cause ?
I have uploaded a video, but it’s not really audible. It just sounds like an angry wasp or maybe an air leak ?

VIDEOS HERE CLICK ME

Any change in performance?? Have you had it on vcds to see if there's any codes?? At end of the day if there's clear signs of a fault (ie oil leak from turbo area) I would get it looked at asap.

Hope you get it sorted though mate

Gaz

Any change in performance?? Have you had it on vcds to see if there's any codes?? At end of the day if there's clear signs of a fault (ie oil leak from turbo area) I would get it looked at asap.

Hope you get it sorted though mate

Gaz
Hey Gaz, it’s a bit of a sticky one.

I feel like when my engine is cold it’s performance is much better, and once it builds up it kind of feels worse. The only things I got from the OBD was some misfiring that was happening and the fuel pressure regulator (P2293) and fuel injector group B (P2149)

I’m going to get it into the garage tomorrow, do you think that the lines to the turbo such as a bad PCV valve ?