Audi A3 2.0 tfsi Quattro s line

Vernon de oliveira

Reaction score
Hello all
I am looking to upgrade my suspension and was looking at the H & R springs 35mm.

What is the standard lowering of the s line model (2005)

I am not looking to slam it to the floor , so perhaps ever so slightly lower would be perfect

Also are the front shocks on the s line 50mm or 55mm

Thanks for any advise

I think you'll need shock absorbers too, otherwise the stock ones will be shot in no time

The SLine is typically 15mm lower that the standard SE model suspension.
How low you want to go is really up to you. Just changing the springs means you have no control over the height, just guess work and if it's wrong you'll have to buy another set of springs.
If you fit coilovers then it is easier to change the height should it not be right the first time, decent coilovers will also be the most expensive option.

The SLine is typically 15mm lower that the standard SE model suspension.
How low you want to go is really up to you. Just changing the springs means you have no control over the height, just guess work and if it's wrong you'll have to buy another set of springs.
If you fit coilovers then it is easier to change the height should it not be right the first time, decent coilovers will also be the most expensive option.

This isn't right.

An S Line is 25mm lower than a standard SE model, a sport is 15mm lower than a standard SE model
Also springs(and wheels) are exactly what control the height of the car so if he is going to buy 35mm H and R springs then you know it's going to sit 10mm lower than the S Line.

The shocks on the S Line are 55mm but as said above I would buy new updated shocks than can handle them springs better than oem shocks but if you give them the reg of your car they should supply the exact shocks that you need

Mine were 55mm

I have a A3 Quattro but 2011 year - I'd get someone to check ring Balance Motorsport 01903879111

Full Bilstein coilovers works a dream btw