Audi A3 2.0 TDI Fuel Consumption

AudiMafia

Reaction score
I drive the said above and with a full tank i get 430miles tesco fuel.... is this normal? mixture 42mpg, highway 48mpg. urban 40. does this sound all righ? what does your DIS say?

thanks

I used to get about 47 mixture, 58-60 highway and 42 urban, it has dropped since it's service the other day.

I would usually get about 530-550 miles on a tank, albeit from Shell, Tesco was a little less but not much.

My DIS is about 2-3 mpg higher than I actually get.

My DIS is about 10 mpg higher than i get, so worth working it out if you're bothered about it. i get just over 40 but thats short 9 miles commute to work, then back, had it up to 53 on a long run. Down to 28 when i had it on the track this week :D

posted this before but i get 55+ regularly on my commute, low 50's urban.

60009_470935190311_786905311_6633793_2553920_n.jpg

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but rather then starting a new one :) Does anyone own the 1.8T? what kind of fuel consumption are you getting? I put £40 of Shell fuelsave in the other day, said I had 340 miles, cover 80 miles and says I have 150 left? It seems to be drinking more juice now then it ever did before, any ideas? I average around 34mpg.

Danny.

I usually get 525 miles to a tank these days, because I do a lot of short, quick, through-the-gears trips. On motorway drives I've had quite a few 700+ mile tankfuls.

What 2.0TDI do you all have (140 or 170) as I have a 170 on order so be good to get an idea.

Mine is a 140 with the quoted figures above.

mine is the 140 for the figures quoted, like heeman10, I have had 690 miles on a tank, but it was a long trip there and back averaging the 70mph on the trip. The best I have had on a 40 mile trip was 67.2 (according to the DIS).

mine is 140bhp........ you lot get sooo much miles with full tank than me how come?? i drive carefully too but i do urban alot i live in london does that effect alot? what can i do to get as much miles 600+? i service the car every 5k miles and still dont get much

Long trips of couple hundred miles seem to be good for mine (2005 2lt tdi 140 re-mapped to 170+)
Perhaps the remap has thrown the DIS out by so much, if i got what it was telling me i would be extatic.

I usually get 525 miles to a tank these days, because I do a lot of short, quick, through-the-gears trips. On motorway drives I've had quite a few 700+ mile tankfuls.

Feck you must drive like a girls blouse LMFAO

I have 2006MY 2.0tdi sportback (bog standard) with 70k on the clock. DIS says whatever it wants between 42 and 60 mpg. !

Fill the tank brim full; zero the trip computer; when the light comes on to refill check the mileage you have done.

Re-fill to brim full and see how much it takes. work the mileage out from that.

My DIS says average 48 but I don't get more than 480 out of a tank which works out at an average 40 mpg.

Generally thats just pottering about on short journeys though.

I have 2006MY 2.0tdi sportback (bog standard) with 70k on the clock. DIS says whatever it wants between 42 and 60 mpg. !

Fill the tank brim full; zero the trip computer; when the light comes on to refill check the mileage you have done.

Re-fill to brim full and see how much it takes. work the mileage out from that.

My DIS says average 48 but I don't get more than 480 out of a tank which works out at an average 40 mpg.

Generally thats just pottering about on short journeys though.

That sounds exactly the same as I worked mine out.

DIS lies to make you feel good I think :)

Feck you must drive like a girls blouse LMFAO
Say what you mean scottie, don't hold back! :laugh:

Last year my place of work was 80 miles from my home, meaning I was driving well over 700 miles every week. In the earlier days with that job, I was leaving a bit last minute, rushing up at naughty speeds, and hurrying home to chill out. After a few months I got concerned about getting seen by men of the law straying over the country's speed limits, so I altered my driving style, and would regularly see in excess of 60mpg averages when I arrived at work each morning. One time, I drove from Somerset to Cumbria, and when I reached Manchester (200 miles), I had averaged 65.0mpg and apparently still had over 600 miles of fuel left! Unfortunately while I was up there, I slipped back into B-road-mode for 50-100 miles or so, and only got 650 miles or so on that tank. These engines can certainly pull great economy on long motorway hauls at easy-going speeds (65-70mph).

Early days of my big commute job = 525 miles per tank.
Latter days of my big commute job = 700+ miles per tank. 725 was my best I think!

You both have my permission to take a running jump :) I'm lucky to get over 550 miles these days, I don't know how I ever managed to sit at 65mph for so long every morning! You do turn into a complete zombie when you have to commute two hours, each way, every morning, I can tell you!

I agreed zombie mode on the way to and from work there's nothing else you can do. Had a good thrash over the country lanes today and averaged about 45mpg, lost the back end too was fun!

I get annoyed when pushing it and the back end steps out. First thing you do is floor it to pull it straight, but of course at that point the traction control is working, and pressing the throttle does absolutely nothing, all you can do is steer! Damn these modern cars, I really must get a project car on the go again..

Working it out tank to tank i get 56.3 mpg. 140 BHP. Driving fairly carefully.

Now then Paul - that's a ****** good average !

What does 'fairly carefully' actually mean in your case ? :think:

Going through this issue with my A6 at the moment too.

In the past I've had 52.1 mpg and travelled 730 miles on one tank......in fact when I refuelled the DIS told me to expect 915 miles if driven the same way ( I have a thread here somewhere about it iirc )

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a6-s6-allroad-forum-c6-chassis/165924-anyone-considered-terraclean.html

Currently I believe I have an issue as I'm now down to around just under 500 miles for a tank!!!!

I also believe that the car is struggling to get to temp and it could be a problem with the thermostat....If the car is told its running cold all the time it will be constantly over fuelling.
At 99k miles in 6 years it may be time to consider changing the 02 lambda sensors too ( although they're supposed to be good for 150k )

I have no codes showing and other than this the car runs like a dream...........I'm taking it into A4Audi later today for them to have a look, I'll try n remember to report back