Audi A3 2.0 tdi 170hp 2009 Brake fault error code 16352

Andrei Sam

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought almost 10 days ago for my wife an
Audi A3 2.0 tdi 170hp 2009 -112k
We drove around 600miles no issues whatsoever.

3 days ago- driver door actuator failed - common failure.. I bought a sh from eBay.. waiting to change it when I have time.

Yesterday- Break Fault?!

video with the error->

Diagnosed with elm327- carista app- errors deleted and drove like 15 miles no issue.

Today in the morning when I started the error popped up again.
Later on in the evening diagnosed using Delphi software— error deleted and after 5 minutes of driving is on again.

Error code 16352 - Control Module - Electrical Error Malfunction

The car had the engine washed (I bough it like that even if me personally I disagree with washing the engines)

Please advice.. with what kind of checks I should start..?
Can I drive it like that..?

Regards,
AndreiSam

To be honest, if you brought this from a Garage, I would take it back to them to check and repair.

Oh and washing he engine is perfectly fine providing he right parts are covered/protected from the water and they don't use a pressure washer.

I have washed engine bays on all my cars, no issues whatsoever.

To be honest, if you brought this from a Garage, I would take it back to them to check and repair.
As long as there is no warranty. I don't think that they will even bother about it. And driving back to Birmingham is not really a option. I can end up spending more on the road then the issue...if is wheel sensor.

Din anyone experienced this fault before?

If it is a genuine garage then they have to look at it by law.
Consumer rights act is very clear that any fault that occurs within 6 months of purchase is assumed to be present at the time of sale, and the garage has to prove otherwise.
You then have the option to have the fault rectified at their expense, or reject the vehicle.
It's unfortunate that it was bought so far away, but if you call them they may suggest taking it to a local garage and they will pay the invoice.

Reactions: ch1z64
I also have a 2009 A3 2.0 TDI that had the same error pop up a week ago. I have brought it to the shop and they told me the ABS control module needs to be replaced. A brand new module is around AU$1000. There are repair services where you send your module to them. They charge around AU$300-400. The third option I was considering was going to the wreckers. I had a look and while the module on the wrecked car was easily accessible because the engine is already out of the way, doing it on my own car might prove to be a challenge since its buried quite deep behind and under the battery with very little space. Still looking of a how to video on youtube but no luck so far. Driving it according to my mechanic is OK but ABS will not work so not as safe. I will be following this thread in case someone has done this before.