Audi A3 2.0 Headlights upgrade?

lowsuede

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently purchased an audi 2.0 TDI 2009 plate , the current lights I have are standard. Now I want to upgrade/change my headlights.
I've been informed I can do a HID upgrade which I've been informed is a resonable price. But I was slightly curious and want to know if its possible IF I can purchase LED DRL Headlights instead for my 09 audi a3, where can they be purchased from? can they be fitted? or are HID the better option?

Please Help!

Thanks

If you've got an 09 plate facelift, please don't get an HID kit for it!

The OEM DRL and Bi-xenons is by far the better option, although a complete set including ballasts will be upwards of £500, the last time I checked. Can be bought from eBay. HID on an 09 plate would look even tackier than they do on the pre-facelift (personal opinion).

Be careful with HID kits and blowing wiper motor. I'm sure I read this can be caused by poor quality hid ballasts

If you've got an 09 plate facelift, please don't get an HID kit for it!

The OEM DRL and Bi-xenons is by far the better option, although a complete set including ballasts will be upwards of £500, the last time I checked. Can be bought from eBay. HID on an 09 plate would look even tackier than they do on the pre-facelift (personal opinion).

Could you possible provide me a link for OEM DRL and Bi-xenons , where it can be purchased for audi 2009. I have a open budget so a I'm willing to purchase them.

I've already got Headlights, DRL design, Audi A3 (8P) 5.03-6.08, A3 Sportback 9.0 from Jom Car Parts but they are not relatively that costly neither can I find reviews knowing if they would fit my 09 plate audi or are they even good enough to fit on my vehicle.

Help!

PM NHN, he can supply/fit these for you.

You'll need headlight washers fitted too (for MOT reasons) which probably means a new front bumper.

PM NHN?? what is this a company or individual , can you provide link etc?
I'm new to the forum, still need time to adapt to this forum.

thanks

I can arrange a new bumper if so, but first can some direct me the way i need to go?
PM NHN, he can supply/fit these for you.

You'll need headlight washers fitted too (for MOT reasons) which probably means a new front bumper.

Hi mate,
PM means "send a Private Message to"

NHN is (Nigel) a member \Sponsor on ASN that Supplies and fits all things A3 8P, you couldn't be in better hands.

Yeah just get the bi-xenon's instead of the HID kit. Try eBay... Audi will rob you