Audi a3 2.0 fsi fuel filter change (problem starting after new one fitted)

Agr88

Reaction score
Hi all this is my first post on this forum so any help would be greatly appreciated I recently had a few issues with my car not starting after the first time, first thing in the morning it starts fine every time but if I was to immediately turn it off and back on all I will do is turn over this happens for at least 3 times.

having done a bit of research I have changed a few things people have suggested for example: temp sender, camshaft position sensor ,crank shaft position sensor ,spark plugs and now the fuel filter .

After changing all this the problem still persists until I changed the fuel filter and now after turning if over at least 20 times it won't even start up :(, I was wondering if there is something I need to do after fitting a new fuel filter ?

Many thanks

Andrew

Hi marshy yes the fuel filter is a genuine replacement .

Thanks

Should have started with in a few turns of key. Take of, check for fuel blockage

Reactions: Agr88
Is the fuel filter you have have three hoses attached to it? If so would having the to rear ones the wrong way round stop it from starting.......just a thought. Most likely air in the system.............:/

Cheers Dan

Reactions: Agr88
Hi dandav1985 thanks for your comment but unfortunately the fuel filter for mine is 1 hole in 1 hole out with arrow for direction of flow ,(MrLapou) I think I will definatly take it back off again and refit it . I was sure that the starting issue was going to be the crankshaft position sensor after changing all the others listed with no luck but still no luck :(

Thanks for all the suggestions guys much appreciated