Audi A3 1.8T Sport for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick101

Boost fiend
Reaction score
Didn’t think I would be doing this yet, but circumstances have changed and I need to sell my cherished A3.

I bought it pretty much as it was off a good mate who had it from standard just over 2 years ago.

In that time I’ve spent many hours cleaning her up and going through a few different sets of wheels, mainly just enjoying her!

Ok, here goes:
It’s a 1997 (R) Audi A3 1.8T Sport running just under 240 BHP
HPI clear
143800k (will rise a bit as its in daily use)
MOT till July 2011
Tax till 30th Nov 2010
Service history stamped up to 97k by Audi and Awesome GTi, been serviced since then by previous owner and me annually using genuine parts apart from filters fluid etc,
Oil changed every 5-6k
Last service carried out when car was in for paint as a major one (oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, NGK Iridium plugs, fuel filter)
New clutch being fitted next week (20th – 24th Sept) Will be done by 24th if reading after.

I’ve got stacks and stacks of receipts for the car thousands of pounds spent over the years!

Cam belt done at about 100k,

Exterior:

-Metallic black (looks almost carbon in sunlight)
-Fully re-sprayed in April of this year by an insurance approved bodyshop. Just needed fresh paint due to stone chips, scratches etc.

-Bottoms of the bumpers and sills have been colour coded to match, think it modernises the car loads.

-Had a full detail (de-swirl etc) a month back so the paint is mint! Apart from a few new stone chips on the front bumper (****** motorways)

-Previous owner has fitted facelift spec front Angel Eye headlight with 4300k (OEM) Xenon’s and face lifted rear lights.

- Civic Type-R bee-sting aerial

- Mk 4 Golf genuine Aero wipers with the proper wiper arms etc.

-Medium smoke tinted windows all round

-De-wiperd rear

-De-badged rear

-Front Audi rings painted black

Engine:

- AGU lump (150bhp standard) with the big valve head.
-
KO3s Turbo fitted at around 100k
-
Custom Code Stage 2 map
-
ECS Turbo intake pipe and Forge boost pipes elsewhere
-
ECS polished cold air feed from behind bumper with K&N Filter
-
Bailey 007p re-circ dump valve (sound awesome with the suck from filter)
-
Blueflame cat back exhaust with twin slash cut pipes
-
Milltek downpipe and sports cat
-
Neuspeed front mount intercooler (snugly fitted behind the bumper)
-
Rocker cover painted white (started cracking a bit due to ehat)
-
Polished inlet manifold
-
As I said above, new clutch going in next week, single mass flywheel conversion with ECS lightened (14lb) flywheel and performance organic VR6 clutch assembly.
-
No problems with the clutch itself, no slipping etc, just the gears can be a bit stiff when shifting sometimes and I’ve been told the clutch is at fault.

I’ve got two rolling road graphs for the car, one stating 220bhp with a boost leak on a vacuum pipe and the most recent about a year ago when running perfect at 236.9 BHP

It really goes well, surprises a lot of cars! But is at home pottering around town or cruising on the motorway. Got nearly 400 miles to a tank on a trip to Cornwall earlier this year.

Never had any problems with it, no smoke on start up etc, always start first time!

Chassis:

- FK Konigsport coil over suspension, about 3 years old now, a bit grubby but still adjustable, not seized like a lot of older coilies!
-
H&R front and rear ARB’s
-
Powerflex bushes up front inc dog-bone mount
-
312mm TT/S3 brakes with red callipers up front (new Brembo discs and pads all round last year)
-
Currently running on BBS CH Replica wheels 8 and 9 inch wide only about 4 months old with nearly new 215/40 and 225/40 Falken 452 tyres.

Inside:

- Facelift seats finished in Ivory leather, believe this to be quite rare as I’ve only ever seen black and brown facelift seats. Few cracks on front two seats, but over all very good, Rear seats are like new! Got all the matching door cards with Bose speakers etc!
-
Matching arm rest
-
Alpine Tape player up front connected to Alpine 6 CD changer in boot with Vibe 10” sub with built in amp, very nice sound indeed!
-
TT pedals
-
Boost gauge in drives side air vent
-
Never smoked in, no fag burns etc, very clean and a nice place to be.

Bad points (all cars have them!)

- Very slight oil leak from back of the engine, think is from the rocker cover, only needs topping up every so often.
-
Gearbox can be a bit stiff when changing gears as mentioned above (hope to fix this with new clutch)
-
There is a very intermittent knock that happens when pulling off sometimes, not loud at all. It’s been up on a ramp, had bushes changed and been looked at countless times, but can’t find what it is and where it comes from. I don’t really notice it to be honest!
-
Few rattles inside (it is 13 years old!)
-
As I said the few stone chips on the front bumper
-
Interior door grabs are peeling, common fault!
-
Intermittent pixels on dash display also a common fault.

I’m being very picky with some of these faults, just being honest as I don’t want to annoy people by not telling them.

I am going to miss this car very, very much! As I said, it’s never missed a beat and will make whoever buys it very happy and will give years of trouble free, enjoyable motoring.

I’m asking £3995 ono for her, maybe a more than other A3 Turbo’s about, but with the spec and condition I think it’s about right.

No P/X please, new car is on its way.

Based in Swansea, S.Wales.

I’ve probably missed a few things out, so don’t hesitate to ask!

Few pics (private plate not included)

a3magpic.jpg

a31.jpg

a32.jpg

a33.jpg

a34.jpg

a35.jpg

a36.jpg

Interior:

23092008665.jpg

interior.jpg

Engine (older pic with old rocker cover and standard inlet)

26072008380.jpg

How it looked last year:

041.jpg

a3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Anyone interested please contact the OP directly Via PM etc.

Ads are not allowed in the open forums, many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.