Audi a3 1.8T AGU which engine oil?

jay106

Reaction score
Hi i got a a3 1.8T AGU engine code 130k its got mods and a remap prob about 200+ bhp so i rang audi for some parts at the same time i had a price on oil and they recommend 10/40 oil grade but i know alot of people useing 5/30 any that can advise on which oil would be best to suit my mods and mileage thanks

5w-40 or 10w-40 will be fine. 5w-40 would offer a bit more protection. 5w-30 is to thin.
ok thanks mate one more qustion is it a good idea to run a 4bar fpr on a agu and a n75j valve? being told diffrent all the time thanks

5W40 fully synth... 10W40 is semi synth in vag spec and not something I would use personally in a turbo engine

<tuffty/>

ok thanks mate one more qustion is it a good idea to run a 4bar fpr on a agu and a n75j valve? being told diffrent all the time thanks

The N75j causes a boost spike and makes the car feel a bit quicker but this usually causes the car to go into limp mode so not worth it as you said yours is already mapped anyway, the standard n75 will do all you need already on the car. The 4bar fpr is only going to be needed I think with larger injectors.

Reactions: jay106
For here (Bulgaria) time is rather large temperature range (from -15 to +37 degrees Celsius) I use 5-40w but I decided to try another oil with a wide temperature range. At the moment I put 0-50w, but I passed quite a few miles to give correct opinion.

I use Shell Helix ultra, 5w-40, have had it in my agu for about 6k miles now and has been perfect. Have a trip over to oilman, got some bargains at the moment