audi a3 1.8 v5 sport non turbo engine opinions??!

valyboi

Reaction score
Hello basically me and a mate have been having discussion about the a3 1.8 sport non turbo think it's the 125hp one basically the question is. Is the 1.8 sport the v5 engine or the same similar thing to the 1.6 got told they are v5
also what's your opinions on the engine and please not comparing it to the 1.8t engine that I'm sure is the v5 :/ I might be talking crap but I'm willing to learn
thanks Nick

I think you mean 5v... v5 is a 5 cylinder (vee 5) engine vag did a while back for the Golf..

Yes, your 1.8 is a 20v like the turbo engines... the 5v refers to 5 valves per cylinder... most people refer to these engines as 20v's though..

The 1.6 is a 16 valve engine IIRC

<tuffty/>

Thank you very much <tuffty/> I got confused with the v5 and the 5v thank you I under stand what they mean now 5v :) only reason I'm asking as iv got a a3 1.6 atm and got offer a 1.8 5v for good price and was wounder in how good the engine is ect

The AVU 1.6 is 8v.

What's the point in doing an engine swap for 20hp? The 1.8 n/a isn't easy to tune nor is the 1.6. If you want more power just buy a 1.8t engine'd A3.

As iv only got 1 no claims insurance arron that why I'm not having a 1.8t sadly maybe next year the body on my a3 1.6 now ain't the best condition ect few rust bubble and marks that was on it already and got the chance to get the car for 600 and it's alot bitter condition and generally looks nicer car

Personally I think you should wait and just get a 1.8t - the 1.8 isn't really much of a step up in performance if that's what you're after. If you want a tidier car with not much more go then go for it!

I think to my self I should keep my a3 for now till next March to insure a 1.8t.. But it's not for the power I know that it's just a lot better car than the one I got body work it's very straight only reason I asked about engine just to see if it a reliable engine and how good it is