Audi A3 1.6 Engine Wont start.

dogruufuk

Reaction score
Hi guys, i got my a3 1 month ago and it is 4 years old.

there is not an error on dash, it just wont start sometimes. I can hear the ignition but it does not start. i have to wait like 5 mins or 10 mins and then it does work.

i have change camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor plus i changed the spark plugs ( not related to this problem )

i would like to get some advice regarding this problem.

im thinking it may be starter engine ? or if a starter engine is broken how can i understand that

i would like to update you guys.

i have been in Audi service and i had a full diagnostic and no error was found at all. i wonder what else it could be causing this intermittent start problem.

they even cant find it.

thanks

Hi mate, if it your starter is faulty it will sound very slow on start up or do nothing at all when you turn the key,

I had a problem about a year ago with the car not starting and just turning over, in my case it turned out to be the fuel pump fuse that had blown and wasn't sending the fuel to the engine.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your advice, i have been searching and i got that result as well.

my car just doesnt turn on when it is hot but if it is cold start straight away. i wonder did you have the same situtation, i already ordered relay and im gonna change it.

there 2 fuse looks same and i dont know which one is fuel pump relay or do i have 2 of thosee ? :)

i just took a photo and could you tell me which one it is :)

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 700
I didn't have the hot start problem, and the fuse that I had blown was in the car at the side where the door meets the dash mate.
I think it was fuse 28 too mate.

It won't let me attach a picture either.

I see okay, I'll change the fuel pump relay today so let's see what is it going on.

Thank you mate
I didn't have the hot start problem, and the fuse that I had blown was in the car at the side where the door meets the dash mate.
I think it was fuse 28 too mate.

It won't let me attach a picture either.

I sorted it out like 3 months ago, The problem was Coil plugs and it has cost £140