Audi A1 hill hold assist does not work, no fault light

Rony

Reaction score
Hi All. Anyone can help? My 2011 A1 122hp, no auto hold function.

My A1 has no fault/warning light on. But it's hill hold assist is not functioning at most of time. Sometimes, it functions when stopping at traffic light on a hill but the car roll back when I release brake pedal that means hill hold assist not functioning after tens seconds.

I had checked the computer record of my A1 but no error/fault code is found.
It is an odd problem. Anyone know what happening with my A1? Need to replace the sensor of braking system? Thanks so much!

Hi Graham, thanks for your reply.

Yes, it will holds few seconds after released the brake pedal. But the hill assist is not functioning now. No fault/warning light is on and no error from computer record. Thanks.

Which system have you got as hill start assist?
"The hill-start assist function helps you drive off on a hill.

If you hold down the foot brake for a time when the vehicle is stationary, the brake pressure is retained for a brief moment after you release the brake pedal – helping a relaxed start on any hill or incline with no roll-back. As you change from the brake to the accelerator, the car remains stationary for long enough and – thanks to the system’s automatic braking intervention – you can easily pull away without rolling back."

Do you have a separate switch?

Do you have a separate switch?

Thanks cuke2u.

There is no separate switch in Audi A1. It is an automatic function in A1. My A1's hill-start-assist is not functioning since April 2019 without fault/warning light is on and no error from computer record. It functions well before April 2019. Thanks.

Hi,

I’ve read an article about the hill hold Assist Assist - see below. If it isn’t this, then I’ll keep looking.

After about a month or so it suddenly dawned on me that the hill hold assist was only functioning when the car had not been placed in Stop mode by the Stop-Start system. If I got in the car, disabled the Stop-Start system I could then rely on the hill hold assist to work perfectly every single time. So, I now get in the car and disable the stop-start as a matter of course.

Reactions: cuke2u
Thanks cuke2u.

There is no separate switch in Audi A1. It is an automatic function in A1. My A1's hill-start-assist is not functioning since April 2019 without fault/warning light is on and no error from computer record. It functions well before April 2019. Thanks.
Audi's have this system as standard and the one with the switch being called hill hold, it is easy to confuse the two so just wanted to establish which one you did have.
I guess see if disabling start stop rectifies it, but really only a temporary cure...

Hi Graham, thanks for your advice so much. I tried to switched off the stop-start system, but the hill-start assist is still not functioning.

Hi cuke2u, I got what you are asking for now. My A1 don't have the Auto Hold system. It is only the hill-hold assist system. Thanks so much.

I am appreciate on both of yours reply and advice! :)

Reactions: cuke2u
You're welcome, I think from here, unless anyone else has experienced this, you maybe going down the path of trying to replacing components individually to see if it cures the issue. The only other thing could be fuses, or relays but unlikely as you state it's intermittent..