Audi A1 (2021) Dashcam installation

newbieboyy

Reaction score
Hello,

About to take delivery of a new A1 competition next week and looking at Dashcam installations.

I’m going to install a DR750X (2CH) in and was keen to try the direct hardwire if easy enough given the 750X has inbuilt voltage protection etc now..

I was wondering if anybody had complegted this on the newer A1’s and knew which fuses would be best to install into for Switched/Perm)

Alternatively, i’ll get the ConectaX and plug into the OBD which is what i do on my Q5! Just want to minimise buying extra if not needed!

Hi there, I have an Audi Q8, and I’m not wanting to run a dashcam through the middle of my car from the charging port to the cam.

I also do not want to do a hardwire install into the car as I ran into someone at the Audi dealership who was having to pay $3k for a company to repair the wiring harness after he hired a company to install it a dashcam.

Does anyone have any suggestions of non-hardwired dash cams that don’t have cables that dangle everywhere?

Thanks

Hi there, I have an Audi Q8, and I’m not wanting to run a dashcam through the middle of my car from the charging port to the cam.

I also do not want to do a hardwire krogerfeedback install into the car as I ran into someone at the Audi dealership who was having to pay $3k for a company to repair the wiring harness after he hired a company to install it a dashcam.

Does anyone have any suggestions of non-hardwired dash cams that don’t have cables that dangle everywhere?

Thanks
I hope my suggestion helped you.

They are not really that hard to do and there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube. Most of the kits these days come with a fuse piggy back connector. All you do is find a switched live take the fuse out of that position on the fuse board, plug the piggy back connector into the fuse board, plug the fuse from the board into the piggy back connector. Pull the rubber trim away from the door and A pillar edge, feed the cable up the a pillar to the headliner, to the mounting point of the camera by the rearview mirror. Tuck your wires in neatly. Go back to the other end find an earthing point to connect the ground wire. Connect the power cable to the piggy back cable. If you have a rear camera run and tuck the wires in again along the rubber trim of the headliner and doors to its destination and you are done. Put the key in and switch it to the 1st position and you should have s working dashcam.