Audi 8v halogen to led tail lights upgrade

Why messing with VCDS when u just buy these cables, you select your car variant ? for your car
The answer is in the link. The title:

For Audi A3 modified LED dynamic tail light wire cable This does not contain encoding

and Description:
For 2013--2015 Audi A3 modified LED dynamic tail light wire cable
Different models. The wires are different. The picture is for reference only.
This wire is not plug and play. You need to modify the code after installation.
Please refer to the corresponding option. Choose the appropriate wire.

The coding of light channels is associated with type of bulb being used by each light. As per Channel 09 admaps, the Lasttyp between all A3 8V tail light variations for each function is different.

But I know of these harnesses so I will mention of few other issues.

The only easy to use harness from the link is for change from PFL Halogen to PFL LED, even that requires coding as PFL Halogen has Driving/Running function in three supply channels per side but PFL LED only uses one channel to do the task. I know some people don't mind that and have kept PFL LED with dimmed Fog and dimmed Brake lights at night when they shouldn't be on, by using this harness and not coding.

In China, they don't have FL Halogen, so I have found them to be shipping harness with incorrect connector for outer taillights.

All harnesses for change to FL LED requires tapping extra 12V supply from fusebox or power socket that can't be found at rear end of car.

No 3 door A3 8V in China so no 3 door harnesses.

One of my friends ordered aftermarket FL LED for Saloon for change from FL Halogen., meant to be Plug and Play.. First the connector was wrong for outer tail light. Later discovered that inner light wiring was wrong, Left inner light pin order used on Right and Right inner light pin order used on Left. I had to troubleshoot and design harness to make them work.

The only Plug and Play and Zero coding option is for change from PFL LED to FL LED via AudiRetrofits or another german supplier online.

Reactions: A-S.N Member
The answer is in the link. The title:

For Audi A3 modified LED dynamic tail light wire cable This does not contain encoding

and Description:
Different models. The wires are different. The picture is for reference only.
This wire is not plug and play. You need to modify the code after installation.
Please refer to the corresponding option. Choose the appropriate wire.

The coding of light channels is associated with type of bulb being used by each light. As per Channel 09 admaps, the Lasttyp between all A3 8V tail light variations for each function is different.

But I know of these harnesses so I will mention of few other issues.

The only easy to use harness from the link is for change from PFL Halogen to PFL LED, even that requires coding as PFL Halogen has Driving/Running function in three supply channels per side but PFL LED only uses one channel to do the task. I know some people don't mind that and have kept PFL LED with dimmed Fog and dimmed Brake lights at night when they shouldn't be on, by using this harness and not coding.

In China, they don't have FL Halogen, so I have found them to be shipping harness with incorrect connector for outer taillights.

All harnesses for change to FL LED requires tapping extra 12V supply from fusebox or power socket that can't be found at rear end of car.

No 3 door A3 8V in China so no 3 door harnesses.

One of my friends ordered aftermarket FL LED for Saloon for change from FL Halogen., meant to be Plug and Play.. First the connector was wrong for outer tail light. Later discovered that inner light wiring was wrong, Left inner light pin order used on Right and Right inner light pin order used on Left. I had to troubleshoot and design harness to make them work.

The only Plug and Play and Zero coding option is for change from PFL LED to FL LED via AudiRetrofits or another german supplier online.
Hi
Ah sorry I missed that message , yeah they saying that needs to be coded.. hmm
I have pre fl 2014-2015 so halogen lights... I was checking in VCDS after reading this, I remember that I was able choose in drop down menu under central electronics and choosing adaptation and then helper halogen headlights installed or LED headlights installed but strangely I cannot find it anymore..
That wouldn't be enough + cables ?

Attachments

• 77Myvjn.png
    77Myvjn.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 89
Hi
Ah sorry I missed that message , yeah they saying that needs to be coded.. hmm
I have pre fl 2014-2015 so halogen lights... I was checking in VCDS after reading this, I remember that I was able choose in drop down menu under central electronics and choosing adaptation and then helper halogen headlights installed or LED headlights installed but strangely I cannot find it anymore..
That wouldn't be enough + cables ?
Certainly not checked Headlights options but doesnt seem like something you want to change to see how it will work. You can end up causing other issues.
Change of Headlights is more complex and costly. In comparison TailLight change is cheaper and easier to do without much skill.
Aftermarket headlight are quite good for PFL.

Certainly not checked Headlights options but doesnt seem like something you want to change to see how it will work. You can end up causing other issues.
Change of Headlights is more complex and costly. In comparison TailLight change is cheaper and easier to do without much skill.
Aftermarket headlight are quite good for PFL.
No am not changing anything .. I was only thinking doing tail lights but I said to myself nah f it... Not going to spend money for it now..
I have upgraded headlights to aftermarket ones so I didn't have to code anything. But that was last summer. And now that company made even tail lights for mine PFL halogen variant car which don't have to be coded, just plug and play but I don't like them much
I was in impression that coding headlights and tail lights in VCDS applies for both in same settings.. ?

No am not changing anything .. I was only thinking doing tail lights but I said to myself nah f it... Not going to spend money for it now..
I have upgraded headlights to aftermarket ones so I didn't have to code anything. But that was last summer. And now that company made even tail lights for mine PFL halogen variant car which don't have to be coded, just plug and play but I don't like them much
I was in impression that coding headlights and tail lights in VCDS applies for both in same settings.. ?
Yes headlight and tailight supply channels can all be coded in Module 09 Adaptations
AKD plug and play taillights that look same as FL LED. For a change from Halogen you are supplied with extra harness. It was AKD Saloon taillight that was wired wrong and I had to sort out for my friend but they work brilliant.
Change to PFL LED is less costly, with lights about £100-120

Yes headlight and tailight supply channels can all be coded in Module 09 Adaptations
AKD plug and play taillights that look same as FL LED. For a change from Halogen you are supplied with extra harness. It was AKD Saloon taillight that was wired wrong and I had to sort out for my friend but they work brilliant.
Change to PFL LED is less costly, with lights about £100-120
You need 4 lights 8V4945091 , 8V4945093C , 8V4945094C each are like £60- 80 or £100 on ebay used, plus wires £40 so nearly £500
How you say with lights only £120 ?

You need 4 lights 8V4945091 , 8V4945093C , 8V4945094C each are like £60- 80 or £100 on ebay used, plus wires £40 so nearly £500
How you say with lights only £120 ?
Codes beling to FaceLift LED Taillights
Im talking about PrefaceLift LED taillights.

Codes beling to FaceLift LED Taillights
Im talking about PrefaceLift LED taillights.
Ahh ordinary Led s-line 2013-2016 yeah gotcha.. yeaah but nobody will do it now when these facelift dynamic everyone prefer.. When I purchased car I was thinking changing to them but I didn't like the light design.. So I kept halogen. I even wanted to open these halogen and install led dynamic strip inside the lights, where is reverse white light and outer is turning light orange is in same line so I would combine an then just wire it .. But it would be hassle...

Ahh ordinary Led s-line 2013-2016 yeah gotcha.. yeaah but nobody will do it now when these facelift dynamic everyone prefer.. When I purchased car I was thinking changing to them but I didn't like the light design.. So I kept halogen. I even wanted to open these halogen and install led dynamic strip inside the lights, where is reverse white light and outer is turning light orange is in same line so I would combine an then just wire it .. But it would be hassle...
Dont try opening. They plastic welded so can only cut the plastic open to get to Indicator and Driving light led

Reactions: A-S.N Member
Beste, ik wil hetzelfde doen. De led achterlichten heb ik aangekocht en moet de kabels adaptors kopen. Ik installeer dan de nieuwe led achterlichten.werken de lichten dan of werken ze pas echt als ze in vcds geprogrammeerd worden? Alvast bedankt
Heb jij een FL of pre FL ?

I have the same problem now,

how did you solve the issue with vcds tester?
PFL Halogen to PFL LED change? Then
Using VCDS or OBD11Pro, adjust light channel coding. Remove all function except Brake in the channel that has Brake function listed. Same, channel with Fog to have Fog Only, all other Not Active.

Using VCDS or OBD11Pro, adjust light channel coding. Remove all function except Brake in the channel that has Brake function listed. Same, channel with Fog to have Fog Only, all other Not Active.
Thanks, my friend got a OBD11Pro, gonna try it tomorrow.

Reactions: ZeA38VSport
Hi there, I have the facelift taillights on my own car for a long time pfl led to fl led. My wife has a facelift sportback with halogen taillights, i bought the adapter wiring from AliExpress but don’t have the coding for it. If you have the adaption changes it would be amazing! My wife doesn’t really care but those halogen taillights are a pain in my eyes.

Hi there, I have the facelift taillights on my own car for a long time pfl led to fl led. My wife has a facelift sportback with halogen taillights, i bought the adapter wiring from AliExpress but don’t have the coding for it. If you have the adaption changes it would be amazing! My wife doesn’t really care but those halogen taillights are a pain in my eyes.

Do check harness before you start routing harness. Each function like Reverse/Brake/Indicator/Fog should be checked that they light up correct light. You will get dimmed Brake with red led strip without coding and no dynamic indicator until you wire that extra wire to power supply. Also careful with sides, Right and Left not same so only Right side harness will work on Right side.

ENG116954-ENG116219-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Dimmwert AB 18
and
ENG116955-ENG116238-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Dimmwert AB 19
Should be 100
Change to 127

ENG116954-ENG116214-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Lasttyp 18
and
ENG116955-ENG116233-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Lasttyp 19
Change to option 38 LED Blinkleuchten

Reactions: GOFASTTT
Do check harness before you start routing harness. Each function like Reverse/Brake/Indicator/Fog should be checked that they light up correct light. You will get dimmed Brake with red led strip without coding and no dynamic indicator until you wire that extra wire to power supply. Also careful with sides, Right and Left not same so only Right side harness will work on Right side.

ENG116954-ENG116219-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Dimmwert AB 18
and
ENG116955-ENG116238-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Dimmwert AB 19
Should be 100
Change to 127

ENG116954-ENG116214-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Lasttyp 18
and
ENG116955-ENG116233-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Lasttyp 19
Change to option 38 LED Blinkleuchten

Thanks i will check it asap.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hi I no this is a old thread but I need some help I have a Audi a3 saloon with halogen tail lights I have installed the led lights not the dynamic all seems to work fine I don’t have the brake light working however saying this the tail light works as a brake light when the light switch is off but when I turn it on no brake lights work any info on wiring and coding would be much help . I can do the dynamic lights as I have all the info and coding but the led just seem to be something else

Hi
I have an Audi A3 8v Hatchback.. I want to upgrade tail lights halogen to LED... I have bought the lights but realised the plug are different .. on the halogen the outer light has the brake light bulb ..and the led has brake bulb on the outer and the iner ... is there anyone that can help me with the wiring or point me in the right direction for the harness adapters.. any help appreciated thanks in advance
Hi did you manage to do the retro fit
Hi I no this is a old thread but I need some help I have a Audi a3 saloon with halogen tail lights I have installed the led lights not the dynamic all seems to work fine I don’t have the brake light working however saying this the tail light works as a brake light when the light switch is off but when I turn it on no brake lights work any info on wiring and coding would be much help . I can do the dynamic lights as I have all the info and coding but the led just seem to be something else

Hi

please explain how you got this far. So you got Halogen tail lights, prefacelift or facelift
And you are changing to facelift I assume PreFacelift LED
How did you make any of the lights come on at all? You chopped and added wires? You added harness? You did any coding? Where you sourced info from to do that?

Hi did you manage to do the retro fit

You don’t have brake light but tail light works as brake? Can you specify which section of light you are referring to here for which function?

Hi

please explain how you got this far. So you got Halogen tail lights, prefacelift or facelift
And you are changing to facelift I assume PreFacelift LED
How did you make any of the lights come on at all? You chopped and added wires? You added harness? You did any coding? Where you sourced info from to do that?
Hi yes facelift halogen to pre facelift led

Hi yes facelift halogen to pre facelift led
Quick update iv figured it out all sorted and working now