Audi 8P S3 Sideskirt Retrofit Installation Guide (**PIC HEAVY**)

N417H4N

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be any decent guides out there related to this so as I was doing this retrofit myself I thought I'd create one as I know it helps others out.

This guide is based on the 3 door sline model although I imagine the sportback will be very similar.
I used only genuine parts in this guide so if your using aftermarket this may not suit.

Tools you'll need:
Torx 20 screwdriver
Small flat head screwdriver
Bojo Tools/Flat head screwdriver will also work but is not recomended
heat gun or hair dryer.
Trolley Jack
Axel Stands

Time it took me:
3 hours although I was taking photos ;)

Part numbers:
10x Orange screw in rivits - 8P0853802A
8x Clear clips - 8P0853585
1x Left S3 end cap - 8P0853579GRU
1x Right S3 end cap - 8P0853580GRU
2x Black rivit - N90821401
x1 Left S3 sideskirt - 8P4853859GRU
x1 Right S3 sideskirt - 8P4853860GRU
x2 Black Rivit - 8P0853802

You will also need the S3 sills and door blades for this to work without modding your exsiting ones,

1. First thing you'll need to do is remove the front door blades off the car, there are two small torx20 screws on the inside at each end. Once the screws are removed DO NOT just pull the blade towards you, they need to be slid towards the rear of the car and they should then release. Mine were a little tough so be persistent and they'll release.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

2. Next thing is to clean dirt from under the door blade once removed, this isn't necessary as there's no adesive going back on but well worth doing while there off. I just used some waterless wash and wax.

4.jpg

5.jpg

3. Now we need to remove the door sills, you will need to heat these up with a heat gun or hair dryer to make them easier to remove. I then slid one of my BoJo tools under the sill and slowly worked it along, slowly pull at the same time and it will come off.

6.jpg

7.jpg

4. This next part is the most time consuming part of the install, as the residue glue can take some time to remove. I found that heating the glue and using the glue remover in conjunction worked far better than just using the glue remover on its own. Grab a microfiber cloth and get rubbing, make sure you clean it well!

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

5. On the the rear quarter blade, for this we need to again heat the surface up to make it easier to remove. Using a BoJo tool slide it under the back and start to work it around, once it has lifted slightly slowly pull towards you being careful not to bend it too much.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

6. Again clean the surface under the rear door blade making sure there is zero to little glue/residue left.

14.jpg

7. Next is to remove the front arch cap at the bottom, you will need a torx 20 screwdriver for this. Once out this simply pulls off, I didn't need any tools to remove as it came away quite easily. Clean any rubbish that's behind them...Mine was caked in dirt!!

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

8. Now grab a trolley jack and jack the car up, make sure you use axel stands as we don't want any accidents! This will make it easier to install the skirts and clean the surface under the car.

19.jpg

9. Next I simply got a firm brush and some warm soapy water and cleaned the sill and under the car where the sideskirts would sit, This was my own prefrence as I didn't want to use Tiger seal agaisnt a dirty surface.

20.jpg

10. Now grab the sideskirt for the side you are doing, make sure all the clear clips are in place on the skirt itself. Place the skirt over the sill and lineup the clips with the holes in the side of the car.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

11. Once the skirt is in place, you can grab the fittings and clip them in place at the top of the skirt.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

12. Next is to grab the door blade, we will need to swap some parts over in order for the S3 blades to fit as the screw holes are located slightly differently on both. You will need to remove the clips with the screw holes in from your original blade (Both ends) and transfer them over to the S3 blades. This is quite simple and I found using a small flat head screwdriver was the easiest way.

simply get the end of the screwdriver behind the 4 tiny metal retainer clips and work them loose. Don't rush this as they can easily break.

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

13. Once they have been swapped over the S3 blade should now fit perfect and the holes should line up with the holes in the door. You can now screw these back on.

33.jpg

14. Next grab the sideskirt end cap and simply push this into place, it should just clip on. Screw the torx 20 screw back in, I don't think this actually does anything anymore apart from hold the arch liner in place anyway.

34.jpg

15. Tiger Seal the underside of the skirt to the car, I won't show photo's of this simply becauase different people will have different ways of doing this and may even use another method to secure them up.

35.jpg

16. Fianlly get your S3 door moulded sills and apply a small amount of Tiger Seal or double sided tape to underside and stick in place.

36.jpg

37.jpg

Now grab a cupper, sit back and admire your hard work! ;)

38.jpg

39.jpg

Thanks Nathan

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Dude, MT-V6, Nex2 and 8 others
Sorry guys had to re-publish this as the photos didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nex2 and LJA
Sorry guys had to re-publish this as the photos didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you did, as this is something I was to try and tackle in summer! Thank you kindly for the guide!

Reactions: N417H4N
Came here just to see how to remove my sills... now I leave wanting to change my skirts.
Great post, cheers!

@N417H4N excellent post mate thats exactly what we need from members input like that goes a long way especially with the pics .
Have to say your car looks a lot better .
:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Reactions: Daveyonthemove, 54V4G3 and N417H4N
Awesome thread mate you have now made me order s3 side skirts for my a3 haha

Where did you get yours from? I cant seem to find anyone online, don't fancy having to go to Audi direct

I finally found some online breaking off an S3 so just bought them haha need painting up etc then will fit them

Just got mine fitted thanks for the help...
ed6c2b8eb8c8df98824de0d2bceed14e.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Great thread and helped me identify an issue with my car.
The plastic strip along the bottom of my S3 drivers door was protruding slightly on the edge and your guide pointed me in the direction of the torque head screw that was loose in mine. Unfortunately, as I was tightening it the trim was slowly pulling in towards the door and then the head sheared off just before it was flush.
An anyone advise me on what I need to replace it? A part number would be ideal, but if an 'off the shelf' solution can be found in B&Q then I'll happily get one from there if someone knows the right size?

I'll probably remove the entire trim and clean behind it and replace all screws at the same time.

Thanks for he guide. Helped big time in trim removal procedure

Thanks, it is very usefull

I need help to know if this side skirts can fit on my car

side skirt 8P3853859
car a3 8p 3door facelift 2010 model

Attachments

• forum side skirt.jpg
    forum side skirt.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 182
  • down a3 forum.jpg
    down a3 forum.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 190
Thank you again. I finally fitted mine!

This is the view underneath my car. A3 3 door, 1.8 2010.
I suppose the s3 have plastic screws to tighten the side skirt.

I used adhesive (use better adhesive in the color of your car or transparent adhesive) around these holes. I also used car jack with plank of wood and paper tape to keep it in the correct place. It sits very well but, in one side, there was a little gap. So, I used these to be sure its ok.

View attachment 257770

After fit these plastic screws
View attachment 257778

When you place the side skirt and this corner see if the lines are ok between these parts. Then use paper tape to keep it in correct place.

View attachment 257779

On these we can use double sided tape or adhesive over the old tape if they are second hand

Use and here paper tape all over S3 door moulded sills

Park your car for 24 hours, take off paper tape and enjoy!
View attachment 257780

*I’m sorry for my English

Thank you again. I finally fitted mine!

This is the view underneath my car. A3 3 door, 1.8 2010.
I suppose the s3 have plastic screws to tighten the side skirt.

I used adhesive (use better adhesive in the color of your car or transparent adhesive) around these holes. I also used car jack with plank of wood and paper tape to keep it in the correct place. It sits very well but, in one side, there was a little gap. So, I used these to be sure its ok.

View attachment 257770

After fit these plastic screws
View attachment 257778

When you place the side skirt and this corner see if the lines are ok between these parts. Then use paper tape to keep it in correct place.

View attachment 257779

On these we can use double sided tape or adhesive over the old tape if they are second hand

Use and here paper tape all over S3 door moulded sills

Park your car for 24 hours, take off paper tape and enjoy!
View attachment 257780

*I’m sorry for my English
Forum ok
Forum ok1
IMG 20220718 205215
Forum ok 3

Mine are almost ready :D
DSC 2387
DSC 2389

DSC 2390
DSC 2391
DSC 2392