1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi 80 Immobiliser problem...

jonathan english Sep 16, 2015

1. Hi guys hope your all well I have been trawling the internet for a week now trying to find a solution but I cannot :( last resort is a post here before it gets scrapped.

The car is an Audi 80 2.0 1991 air-con model (don't no if that's relevant but hey ho) I bought the car for £200 in need of a little TLC one of these being a radiator anyway I removed the rad and bought a new one (took a week to come) fitted it topped up the coolant and happy days no leaks.... went to start the car and the battery's dead tried to jump start it but i just cannot get the immobiliser to disengage the light on the steering column just keeps flashing before it would flash you would turn the key to ignition to wait 5 secs or so and start it but now the light just keeps flashing....

I have tried completely charging the battery, a battery from a Mondeo, and also one from an mr2, i have removed fuse 19, I have replaced fuse 19, I have removed the 4 fuse from the left and also replaced that, I have disconnected the central locking, I've tried an ECU reset (not that I'm sure I have one but turn key to ignition 2 disconnect battery for ten mins or so and reconnect)

short of paying someone to come and do it I just cannot think of anything else to try, I need this back desperately as its meant to be my daily but I am having to rely on lifts please someone have a plan of action!!

thanks you for your help,

Jon