Audi 55reg quattro load vibrating at 2 thousands revs

That's interesting, was the vibration at 2500 revs or was it lower down, my latest one it about 1700rpm. I don't think my rear damper is moving as it should although it does move, possibly too much. I haven't checked the rear but next time I am under I will, just to see.
I was meant to be changing my car but decided to keep it at least another year and got some bodywork done this year. I don't know what to buy next to be honest, I had a notion for an S3, thought I would maybe keep that a few years and try to pick up a, by that time cheaper RS3 but I quite like my diesel and could easily have another, especially as I have been advised against it by the government :) What colours are you thinking of?
My vibration and the noise that came with it usually started at around 2000k and could be heard and felt up to around 3000k and then would completely go above 3k. Was much more noticeable in 4th 5th and 6th.

I do like this A3 and engine though. Plenty of power and fuel economy is spot on. Handles well and apart from lacking cruise control has everything else. I know I could retrofit it but I can't be bothered.

As for colours for the RS5 I like Sepang blue. She doesn't. She likes and in this order, suzuka grey, white, black, red. Lol. My A3 is black so I've ruled that out. I quite like the Suzuka grey it's a little unusual.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I always say I would never refuse a good car due to it's colour,whatever that may be but I do like a nice bit of colour, I had an Indigo Blue Mk4 Golf, only really looked good in bright sunlight and how much of that do we get, would have been lovely in California. At the same time my Wife had a Ming Blue A3, everyone just thought it was Black, until the same sun came out, too much subtlty not a good thing.
On the new colours, Sepang is pretty much classic for Audis, especially anything S or RS, sort of a modern version of Nogaro Blue. All my cars used to be Black at one time but the keeping them clean is too much in the long run and I think there are just too many on the road now. I had to look up Suzuka Grey, at first look I think I would prefer white to be honest or Nardo but I saw an Nardo A4 saloon today and hated it. I do like Red have to say I had a Red Mk3 Golf a few years ago now and always loved the colour, I have also found myself looking at Red S3s and A3s quite a lot recently, Mmmmm...
Just my opinion mind, pretty sure an RS5 will be nice almost no matter what :)

Last edited:
I always say I would never refuse a good car due to it's colour,whatever that may be but I do like a nice bit of colour, I had an Indigo Blue Mk4 Golf, only really looked good in bright sunlight and how much of that do we get, would have been lovely in California. At the same time my Wife had a Ming Blue A3, everyone just thought it was Black, until the same sun came out, too much subtlty not a good thing.
On the new colours, Sepang is pretty much classic for Audis, especially anything S or RS, sort of a modern version of Nogaro Blue. All my cars used to be Black at one time but the keeping them clean is too much in the long run and I think there are just too many on the road now. I had to look up Suzuka Grey, at first look I think I would prefer white to be honest or Nardo but I saw an Nardo A4 saloon today and hated it. I do like Red have to say I had a Red Mk3 Golf a few years ago now and always loved the colour, I have also found myself looking at Red S3s and A3s quite a lot recently, Mmmmm...
Just my opinion mind, pretty sure an RS5 will be nice almost no matter what :)
I think the choice of colour also depends in what options the original buyer ticked as some cars come with the grey/silver lower from splitter which looks good against some colours. Some cars without the lip look kind of plain. Sepang blue does appear to be the most common colour but still my favourite at the moment. As you say though any colour other than yellow I'd be happy with :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can't beleive Lemforder would be so fussy as to which EU country they will sell it to!?!?!

Anyhows as an update I have fitted the new Donut and its totally fixed my problem the car drives superb again, I was going to take pics but sadly my phone was dead! my original donut was solid and had no movement at all, also the rubber had quite a few cracks in it it was only when I compared it with new one you could see just how bad it was lol. Just as a tip you will need to drop the exhause from its rubber hangers and the only tools you will need are a 10mm multispline socket and a 16mm spanner and a medium sized bar, the prop shaft will shift foward about 15cm or so to allow movement to remove bolts and drop donut, if you get stuck just PM me :)

Hi there, know it's been a while since this post, but I am having the same problem with my 2005 A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro and was hoping you could give me some tips on replacing the doughnut myself ?